How soon post op did you start your supplements?

Michelle10929
on 6/18/12 4:54 am - NC
I've been waiting to hear back from the NUT. I finally get an email, and its blank... sigh! haha. I don't have any information in my book about this, and I just never thought to ask. I just feel like if I'm on clear liquids, and then blended foods (book says the consistency of applesauce) then its kind of scary to put a chewable Mvit in my pouch.. ya know?

RidgebackMom
on 6/18/12 4:59 am - Oxnard, CA
VSG on 05/14/12
 I started the day I came home from the hospital.  Haven't had any problems with supplements.  But I HATE the way y crashed Rx taste ......  Yuck!  Good luck on your journey,
Highest weight 395#. Surgery weight 325#. VSG on May 14, 2012 with Dr. Amir H. Mehran at UCLA.     Life & challenges are what we make them -- this new beginning is what I make it!

Emilyr0011
on 6/18/12 5:20 am
The hospital started me the day after surgery (whole, regular, non-chewable), but I started with my chewables about day 4-5 once I was home - I wanted to make sure my hydration was first priority and frankly that's about all I was able to do.  I just made sure they were chewed and dissolved well before I swallowed.

H - 5'4" SW 260 / CW 133 / GW 150 GOAL in 9 mo 11 days!

skyjem
on 6/18/12 5:23 am - Canada
The hospital started me, on day 2. Once I was able to start drinking on my own, they had me crushing pills.

rhearob
on 6/18/12 6:14 am - TN
 At my 1 week visit.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Kevin H.
on 6/18/12 10:25 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I started them soon as I got home from the hospital.  You shouldnt go very long without them .. that is what is keeping us alive after all .. not the tiny bit of food that we eat.

doggz109
on 6/18/12 8:49 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
What supplements are you talking about?  I started protein supplementation as soon as I was able....pretty much 2nd day home from the hospital.

I started chewable vitamins after 5 days and was taking my PPI and other medications from the day I got home.

Now....five months out...I have two medications, chewable mutli vitamin (Centrum), fish oil, liquid calcium.  That's it.

I stopped my PPI a few days ago....so far so good.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 32 views