Good news & Bad news

Micmac2
on 6/18/12 7:58 am, edited 6/18/12 8:02 am
The Good news..I posted awhile back that my surgery was going to be another 6 months away due to my over the top out of pocket and deductible. I was totally bummed.  Well, got that all worked out and now my surgery is going to be on September 4th! Still aways away but..the kids will be in school (plus!) and I have a few months to prepare without rushing. 

The Bad news is I broke my leg.  Well the tip of my fibula.  Which means I am in a walking boot for 6 weeks and let me tell you I was literally an hour from the gym.  I had my meals all worked out and had begun planning my pre-op workouts.  Then BOOM (or kerplunk).  I was helping put my kids in the trampoline and zipping up the safety net when I missed the last step on the step stool and fell in a hole in the backyard! Ouch! It was painful.  

The extra good news is.. my out of pocket has taken another hit so thats even better on my behalf.  Not the price I wanted to pay (literally) but oh well.  
I can poo lexercise in 3 weeks so that is good! 

So excited even with set back! 

moonglo82
on 6/18/12 8:05 am
VSG on 03/29/12
September will be here before you know it. Take care of yourself now... you don't want anything to keep you from being able to exercise after surgery!

Congrats, and feel better soon

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

melanieannd
on 6/18/12 11:06 am - TX
VSG on 06/13/12
That sucks about the leg. :( If it makes you feel any better... my insurance doesn't cover a thing so I had to pay $15,000. I hope your deductible isn't that high?!
cincin_57
on 6/18/12 11:43 am
VSG on 05/22/12
I'm glad to hear your surgery got moved up to Sept. Sorry to hear about your leg. I hope it heals quickly.

Most Active