Should I try shakes for a few days again???

janielynne
on 6/17/12 9:53 am
I have been in a stall for several months.  My Dr.  thinks I look great and that I should not be stuck on the number on the scale.

However I really want to lose 15-20 more before plastics.   I'm thinking that I should try to go back to shakes for a week maybe.  I have stepped up the workouts.

Please let me know if any of you have done this.  Did you find it helpful.

Thanks

Jane

INgirl
on 6/17/12 10:04 am
I don't think I would. To me, it's too much like crash dieting (mentality).. What I would do, is just go back to lean protein and veggies.. good solid, satisfying real food. Keep it really low carb, and high protein.. munch on cukes and Greek yogurt if a snack is needed.. but just your normal high protein, low carb diet, not liquids only.. 
abrown8434
on 6/17/12 10:22 am - VA
Low carbs and shakes may be the boost you need to jumpstart your loss. I know it was for me, especially with the low carbs. My weight stalled for about 1 to 1 1/2 months but when I kept the carbs at 50 grams or below that was the magic trip! 

Good luck to you!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

ruggie
on 6/17/12 11:03 am - Sacramento, CA
If you've been at the same weight for months; you're not in a stall - you're probably in maintenance.  Decrease your caloric intake and/or expend more exercise.  What is your daily intake now?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

tanieanie
on 6/17/12 11:19 am - WI
Hello,   Sounds like we are in a similar boat.  We had our surgeries about the same time and I too seem to be leveling out and I dont want to.  Although I am still losing (between 2 and 4 lbs a month. I would like to kick it up a notch.  I hate that over the past couple of months I seem to be able to eat more than Id like, so I have to really measure and watch it.  Also, I seem to get hungry soon after eating.  Tomarrow I am going to start the 5 day pouch test to kickstart things and get back to basics.  The first two days of the diet is full liqueds such as protien shakes.   Looking forward to hearing how you choose to jumpstart things.

janielynne
on 6/17/12 12:18 pm
Thank you all for your replys.

I'm still feeling great restriction.  However I feel like I'm in a rut with my food choices.  i think that  I'm not getting the results I want , with my food.  Not sure if a pouch test is the answer.  I'm struggling to get back to basics and planning EVERYTHING !!!

People who think that this is easy are crazy.  We work very hard for ever pound we lose.  This is a job for the rest of our lives !!!

NUJoyce
on 6/17/12 12:49 pm - Hayward, CA
I would do it for 3 days and see what happens.    I need to chew so I eat cucumbers in the afternoon.   A week seems like a long time.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views