how would you "press the reset" button?

kam0520
on 6/20/12 10:02 am - AL
I feel completely off track.  I AM completely off track.  My husband and I both.  We have been discussing trying to refocus, maybe start the gradual diet from day one, with liquid.  What would you/have you guys done to kind of hit "reset" and get your weighloss going again?  Is it possible to get some restriction back?  I feel like I can eat way more than I should.  

I feel like I have failed.  
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Kevin H.
on 6/20/12 10:05 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Food addiction couseling .. preferably with some nutrition education / background .. back to basics with the shakes, low fat dense protein, lots of water in between meals to keep you busy and tummy active, etc.  You lost 127 lbs .. you know what to do.

Best of luck getting back on track.

Pkrplyr777
on 6/20/12 10:45 am - CT
Awww...it's always a ***** at this point. sorry.

Start with a mind set.... both of you.
Pick a day
Go back to pre op diet for a week
Then to the liquid, mushy stage.
during that time educate yourself (again)
on protein first, carbs, etc.
Set a date for a check in...like 30 days.

Just a suggestion.
good luck
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
bluemems
on 6/20/12 10:45 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
I would definitly recommned going to the NUT.  I went to mine last night as I have been a slow loser.  She told me I needed more calories, more carbs and more fiber.  We'll see how it goes, I am following her orders to a T in hopes to boost my weight loss.

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/12 10:56 am
You have not failed. You are here seeking help. `Failure would be staying off track! You've clearly strayed and want to get back on track. That's not failure to me, but you are tempting fate...

SO.......

Like Kevin H. wrote, you must get back to basics!

Not sure what your basic program is, but it must be pretty sound since you have lost almost 130 pounds already!

Have you had regain? If so, congrats on getting it in control before you gain too much! Good for you.

I would go back to 2 to 3 oz servings of LEAN, DENSE protein and some veggies at each and every meal. Plan out your snacks - measured portions of beef jerkey, low fat cheese, greek yogurt, hard cooked eggs, etc...

Drink lots and lots of water. My doc wants me drinking quite a bit more during the summer time. We had a conversation about it at my six month check up last week. I'm supposed to have 1 ounce of water for every 2 pounds of body weight - minimum!  So for me, I'm drinking about 90 oz of water (or non caffinated liquid) per day just to stay minimally hydrated.

Next, stop "trying to refocus". Refocus. By discussing the concept you are leaving a door wide open to not refocus. The only person you can be responsible for when it comes to eating is yourself. Your husband must come to his own decision. If you are ready, just do it. Kick yourself in the ass and get back on track. If hubby is not ready, too bad for him! Don't let him pull you down.

Please feel free to PM if you need a little cheering on!
Happy966
on 6/20/12 10:47 pm

LIKE!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

rhearob
on 6/20/12 11:31 am - TN
 The first thing you have to do is to get rid of the guilt.  You havent failed, you may have made some bad choices.

To get back on track, you just have to start making better choices.  Its not rocket science - its that easy.

For me, I wouldn't try to restart the whole process.  You have been successful at losing weight, your ticker shows that.  What you have to do is go back to basics, including:

1.  Plan Your Meals, Measur your portions
2.  Journal everything you eat - if it goes in your mouth it goes in your journal
3.  Cut out the carbs and snacking
4.  Get your head back in the game - meaning go back to your support groups, get private counseling if you can.

My center has a "Back on Track" group specifically for people who are in your position.  You may see if there is something like that in your area.

Main thing - let go of the guilt and feelings of failure.  They do not serve you.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Happy966
on 6/20/12 10:41 pm

LIKE!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

ib40
on 6/20/12 11:42 am
When I feel like I'm letting junk back into my diet or if I feel like I've been grazing too much, I do the 5-day pouch test. Google "5-day pouch test" and you'll find several sites that will walk you through it. Technically, it is to get you using your stomach restriction correctly to monitor fullness, etc. I use it more to clean up my intake.

It helps me get back on track every time. I like it because it gives you a five-day menu to follow so I don't have to think about it, just do it. In the past, I've also used it to break stalls.

kam0520
on 6/21/12 8:19 am - AL
This sounds exactly like what we need to do!  Thank you so much for this info!!!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views