3 months and a few days Post Op (with pics)

InnerMe
on 6/21/12 3:15 pm, edited 6/21/12 3:36 pm
I was 3 months out a few days ago, had my 3 month checkup on Monday. These 3 months have been awesome and exhausting. I have never in my life put taking care of myself first like I have since surgery. My family has been very supportive and I'm forming new habits that will serve me well after the weight loss phase.

I have lost 103 pounds since beginning my pre-op diet, 50 pounds since surgery. WOOHOO! I need to go find myself a century club card image. I feel so much better and more comfortable then I used to. I am losing a lot of hair, it began even before surgery. My primary care doc feels it was because of my pre-op diet. The hair loss seems to be slowing down now, hopefully it's not just wishful thinking. I'm not seeing any regrowth yet.

I am very happy with my weight loss, I always get at least 70g of protein per day and keep my total calories between 500-600. I keep my carbs under 40g each day. My surgeons office only gave me guidlines on how much protein to get everyday. Thank you to all of you who are outspoken about your plans, you've helped me shape mine. I still have another 50 pounds to drop to get to my goal weight.

I don't post often because I use my phone to read OH and it's a pain to type more then a few words. I am here everyday reading and learning. When I feel I may have something to add that hasn't already been said I try to remember to log on and post from a PC.

For those of you who are still making your decisions, I would do this again in a hearbeat. I finally have the control over food that I have always wished for.

This first pic is of me on the morning of my surgery.

The next pic is of me today.
 Heather

54 lbs lost pre-op, VSG 3/16/12   
bluerskies
on 6/21/12 3:58 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
 Congratulations!  You look great ( and green looks like a great color on you)!  I hope the hair loss comes an end quickly and that you see that regrowth soon!
 Jessica

michael B.
on 6/21/12 8:42 pm - MA
VSG on 03/19/12
 103lbs?!!!  Wow!!  Great job and you look fantastic!  
Burnsy  (ticker starts 2wks pre op)                        
Kevin H.
on 6/21/12 9:29 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Congrats to you!

mycheeka1
on 6/21/12 9:33 pm
 Congratulations! You look great! Keep up the good work.
Bf516
on 6/21/12 10:34 pm
Looking good, wtg!!
Heidi P.
on 6/21/12 10:59 pm - St Paul, MN
VSG on 06/27/12
WOW!!  COngrats to you!  You look amazing and if it's any consolation, your hair still looks fantastic!  Keep up the good work.  You are an inspriation to those of us whom are just beginning this journey!
stephanieplum
on 6/21/12 11:00 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 You look great!  Thanks for posting.  
Alexis K.
on 6/21/12 11:08 pm
VSG on 07/30/12
You look GREAT! Your surgery weight was almost the same as my current weght, so seeing your pictures is very encouraging. I can only hope to have as much success as you!

natalie37
on 6/21/12 11:20 pm - Advance, NC
Revision on 03/28/12
AWESOME!!! You look fabulous!! You'll hit goal in no time!!!
Natalie
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 47 views