OT: My cupcake obsession (pics and triggers)

LeahBea
on 6/22/12 4:23 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
So I've been going back and forth about whether or not to out myself to you guys about my cupcake obsession. It's something I've been doing since about February when I started having trouble with my legs and I couldn't run until I had surgery on them.

I started making cupcakes. Not eating them. Just making them. I had the urge to make some cupcakes one afternoon, so I did. And I really enjoyed it. I have fun coming up with new flavors and fancy stuff I can do with them. I usually give them away to friends and family or take them to work. Again, I don't eat them... I just like to make them. I know, I'm weird!

But I wanted to share it with you guys because you're friends and I like to share the cool stuff going on in my life with you guys. I'm actually doing some cupcakes for a friend's wedding later this summer! Who knows if I'll ever do it for more than fun, but right now it's fun so I'm going to continue having fun with it.

So, here are some pictures of my creations:

**If you have issues with sweets or trigger easily, don't look any further!!!**

Oreo cupcakes, oreo baked into the bottom, devil's food cake, oreo's crushed into the icing, oreo garnish

Strawberry cake, strawberry filling, whipped vanilla frosting and sprinkles

Raspberry cake, white chocolate frosting

Irish carbomb cupcakes! Dark chocolate cake made with Guinness, Bailey's frosting

Vanilla cake, dark chocolate filling, coconut whipped frosting with toasted coconut garnish

Hazelnut German chocolate cake, white chocolate truffle center, dark cocoa raspberry frosting

This is by far my fav to make...Devils food cake, marshmallow chocolate filling, salted caramel frosting with caramel drizzle.

So, there we are... You all are in on my super weird cupcake obsession now. LOL, I'm such a freak!

Leah

RHCP
on 6/22/12 4:30 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
I'v been making a lot of cupcakes also...not as homemeade as yours.

How do you fill yours? DO you cut a little hole first?? Whats the secret??

LeahBea
on 6/22/12 4:38 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Depends on what I'm filling it with...

If I'm using something like candy (think mini reese's cup, hersey's kiss, etc.) I cut just a line into the center and slide the candy in. If it's something more like the truffles, strawberry sauce, lemon curd, etc. I cut a small cone shaped hole, fill, and put the little cone back in.

Leah

RHCP
on 6/22/12 4:47 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
Thank you! I am going to attempt a Devils food cake with marsh-mellow fluff filling- Graham cracker bottom and chocolate ganash topping with mini marshmellows!

:) I use my friends at work for the testers. I allow myself ONE cupcake a batch. I make one every other week.

PrettyEyes_41
on 6/22/12 4:35 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
Those look awesome!! You need to find a local store that will buy some and sell them for you!! It looks like you have a real talent that you can capitalize on. Way to go girl!! 

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

LeahBea
on 6/22/12 4:40 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
I just think it's my inner fat girl speaking about what she would want!

But thank you! There has been talk amongst my friends about me opening a shop. But I'm going to finish my degree first before there would be any decisions made in that direction.

Leah

kitsyb
on 6/22/12 4:41 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
Dang girl - those look as good/better than the ones I have seen on Cupcake Wars!!!

melly37
on 6/22/12 4:43 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Wow!  You have a lot of talent!!  AND you just made my mouth water.....  Bad girl!!! 

You have to taste to make sure they are good, right?  My main devils are salty and crunchy, but I think I would have a hard time resisting these goodies!!  You are the woman!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

tripmom02
on 6/22/12 4:45 am - NJ
 I am a baker, it's what I do. I bake bread, and cakes and sweets. Now, I have no interrest in eating them, but I seriously enjoy watching other people eat them and enjoy my hard work. 

Your cupcakes look amazing! I love the frosting ideas you have! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

rhearob
on 6/22/12 5:15 am - TN
 Those look really good!  You have some real creativity and talent there.

I also like to cook - and have been doing more and more of it since my surgery.  Of course it helps that my husband is a chef.  I have made some of the most decadent deserts since I was sleeved.  At Christmas I made these butter cream cookie sandwiches and cranberry boscotti dipped in white chocolate with red and grren sugar sprinkles on the chocolate.  GAve it all away.

Chocolate filled ravioli.  

White chocolate macadamia nut cookies.

Raspberry pound cake with moscato cream icing.

Chocolate Fettucini with strawberry bechamel sauce (Made that for him for Valentines).

I completely understand your Cupcake Obsession.  Good job making it and giving it away.  Awesome job on the decorations.  Im a total spaz with a pastry bag, so I appreciate just how much work goes into that.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Most Active