9 months out from the sleeve, mixed feelings

jennay80
on 6/26/12 10:10 am - Elmore, OH
 First off, before I update, those of you who like to be rude or hard on people, dont bother reading this, that is NOT what I am looking for.  

I am 9 months out, started at what 275 the day of surgery and now at 194.  I was at 191 2 weeks ago, same scale, same time, hoping I am not gaining weight.

I am hungry every 3 hours, I can eat 3 times more now what I could 4 weeks out of surgery.  Then I could only eat half a yogurt and was stuffed.  Now I can eat 1 whole yogurt and 1/3 of a banana.  

I have the biggest cravings for sweets the week before my period and the whole week of my period, I am a loser when it comes to these two weeks of the month.  HATE it and no matter what I say its hard to understand.  If I dont stop this my weight will come back, guranteed.  Because of this, I have been focasing VERY hard on filling up with solid proteins every 3-4 hours so my cravings for sweets can not be fulfilled.  I don't always survive this challange.  I keep plain roasted (not in oil) almonds out in the open and a small handful really helps calm my sweet cravings.  As far as exercise I am the biggets loser, really...  I spent all this money on Dance 3 and other work outs, notta, havent done them.  I do park further from the stores so I have to walk, and I changed many factors like this to make sure I get exercise.  I run around this house with my head cut off and rarely sitting, so I am pooped already and never in the mood for exercise, yeah I know excuses, but thats how I feel.  I do go for walks with the dog and that kind of exercise.

If you have been where I am now, please write to me.  I need to hear of some things I can do during these two weeks.  

NJ_IST34
on 6/26/12 10:13 am - NJ
 Try Dancing! Put on loud happy music and move I'm sure five minutes into it u will enjoy it. I always dance when I feel down and it is good exercise. Good luck!
I WANT MY LIFE BACK

NJ
acbbrown
on 6/26/12 10:25 am - Granada Hills, CA

I swear I'm not affiliated with this company, but I satisfy my sweet tooth (and i am a sweet addict to the max!) with a protein shake - nectar sweets makes these protein powders like double stuff cookie, strawberry mouse, chocolate truffle, mint cookie. They are better than almost any other dessert I could want!! I  make them with almond milk and add a little artificial sweetner and love them. They hit the spot - when they are blended with ice, they are filling and taste like a milk shake!

Ive been stuck at the same weight for 3 weeks now even though my daily calories are averaging around 900 and I exercise. It sucks. I feel hopeless on most days, but every day i just have to wake up and realize that I only have one option and it's to keep trying...there's no going back, there's no giving up. Its a daily struggle but I have to remember to have faith that the scale will eventually move if I keep my cals/carbs somewhat low and keep moving.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more. I know it's hard but you just have to keep going.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

happiegirl
on 6/26/12 10:28 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
*like*

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

AmberK
on 6/26/12 12:50 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I have I ever told you I love you acbrown? I am sitting here with tears in my eyes cause I feel the same right now as this girl, and felt like your message really spoke to me. I would love to be able to meet you sometime! (Don't worry, I am happily married LOL)   It's just nice to know you are not alone in this fight to become healthy! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

gloria P.
on 6/26/12 10:26 am - Fayetteville , AR
VSG on 01/06/12
I hear you sister!! I have arthritis severe in my knee and I did this surgery to improve my health and my knee has went from bad to bone on bone and I now need a total knee replacement. Up to now I have put off getting steroid injections in my knee because the steroids make me ravenously hungry. I broke down and got one and I have caught myself doing late night snacking which is what I am fearing. So, what I plan to do is ignore it and go to bed. I truly believe in logging your food and planning your meals. Try the Greek yogurt for high protein desserts. It is good.

Mom4Jazz
on 6/26/12 9:37 pm
Have you tried Orthovisc (another brand is Synvisc) injections? My knee is bone on bone and the Orthovisc helped a lot. Plus it's inert, so other than very rare allergic reactions there aren't the side effects.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

billchrz
on 6/26/12 10:35 am - PA
Try Atkins Protein bars for the cravings. They are high in protein and have very few carbs.

The truth of the matter is that you have to exercise. It is not optional on this plan, you simply have to do it to get the results you are looking for. Parking further from the door is not enough, it doesn't get your heart rate up. Try going for a hike, jog, bike ride, walk in the park, etc. You don't need to spend money on exercise programs or video games, nature and the outdoors are free.
tripmom02
on 6/26/12 10:46 am - NJ
 Those two weeks can be OFF THE HOOK for me, it's the time I struggle the hardest. From what I have been reading the hormones trigger a need for "feel good hormones" which is what you get from the sweets BUT you can also get the same from intense exercise. So I have started taking off running or putting on music and getting my heart really going when I feel a very intense craving and let me tell you, it WORKS. 

I have a trampoline in my living room, and when it's bad I hop on it and run a fast pace until I know I can control myself again. 

Good luck. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

USAF Wife
on 6/26/12 10:47 am
You don't mention what your daily totals are for calories/protein/carbs/water/clear fluid intake?

I wasn't where you are, but I can tell you what worked for me. The suggestion on sweet cravings from Allison are spot on. Out of all the, 20+ varieties/flavors, of protein I tried, the Nectar cappucino was my favorite. I'm a coffee freak! So, it was perfect for me until I started puking on it.

As for "how much more you can eat now", I can two to three times the amount I could eat at 2 months post-op, and 3 years out, it's way harder to pick the "best option. So, I can totally relate with you there.

On your hunger, are you still on an acid reducer? Believe it or not, you could have acid if you're having this gnawing, FEED ME SEYMOUR hunger, it could be "silent reflux". It might be worth trying if you are constantly hungry.

And, hey I hate to exercise too, never did it. NOT that I'm advocating to not move it more, but I hate it too. No scolding from me on the exercising or lack thereof. It does help some, I didn't need it to hit goal and maintain my weight loss.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views