Too many distractions beore surgery

ButterflyAnna
on 6/27/12 8:29 pm
VSG on 07/02/12
I'm having VSG on Monday (wow that's coming up fast!) and I feel like I haven't had time in the last few weeks to mentally prepare for it.

My daughter plays on a very competitive travel softball team and was hurt of couple of weeks ago during a game. We have been to several doctors trying to figure out where the pain in her foot is coming from. She is having an MRI today. Poor kid. And....I have an insane neighbor! She has been harrassing my family for the last several weeks to no end. We live in a townhouse community and it has been horrendous. It's to the point where this woman has made it so awful living here that my children are afraid to play outside and when I told her what I thought of her last night, she had the nerve to call the the police on me! Guess the truth hurts, huh?

Anyhow, I feel like I haven't been able to concentrate on getting prepared for the surgery with all this nonsense going on. I'm trying to get my head in the game, but I feel like I have too many distractions. Ugh.

Thanks for hearing me rant!

Anna
ALAN J.
on 6/27/12 9:40 pm

The distractions may be a blessing (although not the part about your daughter getting hurt)… I know I sound like I am off my rocker… but the weeks before my surgery; it’s all I had to think about.  I almost talked myself out of it several times!  In the end I am glad I did it, but a lot of idle times on my hands made me think about it too much… just a thought!

Good luck with your surgery and your crazy neighbor… lol

Highest WGT-295, Surgery WGT-295, Goal WGT-215 - 80LB LOST in 8 months!

ButterflyAnna
on 6/29/12 12:30 am
VSG on 07/02/12
Thanks Alan. You're probably right -- if I had nothing else to think about, I'd be obsessing over the surgery! Guess I should be thankful I have a neighbor who should be in an insane asylum! LOL!
southbay311
on 6/29/12 12:10 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
It sounds as if you need a big HUG...crazy neighbors and worries about your daughter. Well maybe having this surgery will be a turning point and put everything back on track for the positive.

I know things will go well on Monday, but best of luck anyway.

Nancy
H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
ButterflyAnna
on 6/29/12 12:31 am
VSG on 07/02/12
Hi Nancy! I'll take that big hug right about now! Trying to put everything to the side and concentrate on having the surgery and getting healthy. No need for drama!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views