having a hard time seeing the new me....

janielynne
on 6/29/12 11:40 am
So I see the new wonderful number on the scale, but I just have a hard time seeing it in the mirror...Why do I still see myself as FAT in the mirror???  I love the new pant size,but I dont believe the number.  I had a girl at work call me skinny today.  I dont feel skinny.  My whole life I have never known what skinny feels like.

Will we ever feel normal? Will we ever not feel like the fattest person in the room, even if we are not anymore?

rhearob
on 6/29/12 11:46 am - TN
 I struggle with the same question sometimes.  I have not recognized myself in the mirror at stores.  My mind still operates like the fat man.  I have to remember to make myself correct my posture and look up instead of down.  

I think we'll get there.  Its just a slower transformation than our physical one.  Give it time.  Ruggie and Frisco say your mental image lags your physical one by 3 months.  I think in my case it may be 6, LOL.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

danzeppelin
on 6/29/12 12:23 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
See I can relate to this... Tho I'm still waiting for my surgery, I can totally relate, cause a year ago I broke my jaw...well my dentist did, and I lost like thirty five pounds. I began to see another guy in reflections and so forth. It gave me this vision, this motivation....and by damn soon I'm gonna have a pretty major tool.
I felt that confidence, and experienced that lag.... -well anyway.... I like how ya put that rhearob. About the correcting your posture, and looking up instead of down..
RW76
on 6/29/12 12:26 pm, edited 6/29/12 12:30 pm - Medina, OH
 It's a good question...  I still feel and think as an obese person as well.  I am hoping once I get plastic surgery it may get better as the image will match the weight.  The extra skin and general sagginess sure isn't helping.

I haven't even changed my avatar.  lol

Pre Op: 415  SW: 390  Goal: 235 CW: 225

Shagdoll
on 6/30/12 2:29 am
I'm still trying to adjust to this too. We'll get through this!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

lucy2e
on 6/30/12 3:07 am - Laurel, MD
I so know what you mean.  I didn't see any of my weight loss for a log time - still don't see it totally.  The first time I did see it was when I was standing in the sun and saw my shadow - and it was a much smaller shadow - not much bigger than my daughters.  It hit me in that moment!

Have a friend take pictures of you around others with the heads cut off.  You may not even pick out which is you because you won't recogize the body.  

I think it's a slow process - but it will happen! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views