One week post-op

ButterflyAnna
on 7/8/12 10:46 pm
VSG on 07/02/12
Hi Everyone!

I had VSG on 7/2 so today marks my one week post op.

I feel like my recovery has been pretty slow -- still very sore, but getting better every day. The first few days after surgery were absolutely awful. I felt like I'd been hit by a truck!

I've been having a hard time getting in all the protein and water, but I'm trying very hard. I still have a lot of gas so every time I swallow it sounds like a symphony of gurggles! I've been pretty much sticking to walking around the house (it's been SO HOT here). I went out to the store yeterday for a bit with my family, came home and napped for an hour!

My liquid phase is 3 weeks, so I'm sure that yogurt and cottage cheese I can have in the 4th week is going to be phenomenal! I really haven't been hungry but it's been hard preparing meals and snacks for the kids. But I'm doing it! Oh, and by the way, my husband has been wonderful.

Make room for me on the loser's bench -- I'm coming over!

Anna

stephanieplum
on 7/8/12 11:45 pm, edited 7/8/12 11:45 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 It does get better...I struggle too with protein and water...trying to find protein that tastes good to me.  We can do this!

southbay311
on 7/9/12 1:14 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
Anna I will move over and you can sit next to me...hang in there it does get better. I too had 3 weeks of liquids and it passes quickly.

all the best
Nance
H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
lynnbabeny
on 7/9/12 1:58 am - VT
VSG on 07/02/12
I'm right there with ya!  My liquids last 3 weeks also; I'm mostly working on water,pro shakes and a little yogurt.  I will be SO glad to get rid of this drain on Thursday!
   HW-322 (11/11)  SW-276

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views