How do you do the bar/club scene?

Michelle10929
on 7/9/12 3:41 am - NC
I was just curious if anyone handles this differently than I do.. (Had my first outing last saturday)

I figure I can't have soda, alcohol, or the fruit juices.. and blah water. lol

So, I went to the bartender and handed her a $5 tip and said "I'm just going to be needing water all night tonight". I  kept my Mio in my pocket, and gave myself a black cherry squirt and sucked down A LOT of water that night from all the heat/dancing.

Oh, and as for all my friends drinking around me? Thankfully I am ignorant and hyper enough to hang w/them even though I was on nothing but h2o and Mio LOL.

I was just curious if anyone else had any bar/club stories/ideas?

PS: NSV: It felt GREAT not seeing any of these guys since surgery and being down 26lbs. It was a great night! 

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 7/9/12 3:48 am
Water here to. I add some cherries in it from the bar! Sometimes I will have a beer or two but not anymore than that.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

favrow812
on 7/9/12 4:00 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
I do the same as you, luckily I hang out with a lot of really fun people and so even though they are all drinking I can still have a great time out. Its also nice knowing that everyone will get home safe because I haven't been drinking and I always drive.

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Happy966
on 7/9/12 4:09 am

I handle the bar scene by being VERY boring and staying at home!  Not recommending staying home, just saying I had to laugh at how this *wasn't* one of my problems!  Good luck.  I like your suggestion, especially tipping the bartender in advance.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

vogue
on 7/9/12 4:35 am
VSG on 08/30/12
I'm pre-op and tend not to drink when I am in the club...I ask the bartender for extra fruit in my glass of water..if you play with your marichino cherry enough, you will get drink offers.... #dontjudgeme
Michelle10929
on 7/9/12 4:42 am - NC
Lmao... that is hilarious.

I used to have a line I used at the club (we're talking almost 20 years ago here on this line.. I'm 40 now and I have a WHOLE new bag of tricks haha) But I would get close to a group of nice looking guys and I would say to my friend "WHEW!! One more drink and I am SO there!" Yah.. got a lot of free drinks w/that line. LOL (don't judge me either! haha)

Kevin H.
on 7/9/12 4:40 am, edited 7/9/12 4:41 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I'm right there with Happy .. i don't go to "clubs" or bars.  I don't drink so a bar is not a place that I want to be.   I commend you sticking to your guns with the water though!  It definitely makes it hard to meet people by not going out but I am seeking someone with similar interests as me so I'm not convinced that meeting someone in that type of place would be what I'm looking for anyway.

Michelle10929
on 7/9/12 4:45 am - NC
Oh, I hardly ever meet men out in places like that.. so I'm right there with ya. The few men that I have met that way were real winners (sarcasm). Honestly.. I just love to dance. Always have, always will. I'm 40 now and I still want to get out there on that dance floor 1-2x a month.. it makes me feel happy and young. Plus.. I just adore my group of friends that frequent this place also. If I'm not on the dance floor then I'm out on the patio just sitting and socializing with everyone.

For me its a great time.. but NOT where I expect to find a good mate.

Kevin H.
on 7/9/12 4:47 am, edited 7/9/12 4:47 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Well congrats on making great choices in a tempting environment and doing something you enjoy!

Snowberry
on 7/9/12 4:51 am
VSG on 04/10/12
 I've only gone out once like that since surgery.  A girlfriend of mine who lives out of town was in town and a group of us went out.  I just drank a LOT of regular unsweetened iced tea...maybe more than I should have, considering all that caffeine.  But I managed to drink all night with ZERO calories!  I do like your Mio idea...I'll have to try that if I ever go out again.

Most Active