pain when sipping?

Tea
on 7/13/12 11:06 pm - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12
Every time I sip something, rather its crystal light or chicken broth i get this weird  uncomfortable pain, which im assuming is coming from my sleeve. Is this normal?

Also i dont know if im havong hunger pains, gas or acid..... but holy ****

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

doggz109
on 7/13/12 11:20 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Where is the pain....in your chest?  If so that is normal when you sip.  You are still extremely swollen down there.....so when you sip....liquids tend to pool up at the bottom of your esphogus and then trickle into your swollen sleeve.  That is the pain/pressure you likely feel when you sip.

I had this for about a week before it went away.  If its pain that is there ALL the time, not just after you sip.....I would call your surgeon.

Tea
on 7/13/12 11:23 pm - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12
Its pretty much only when i sip. Thanks so much for your reply :) I appreciate you :)

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

melz1974
on 7/14/12 1:43 am
VSG on 07/10/12
 OMG!!  Thank you so much!  I thought it was just me.  My pain is right at the bottom of my sternum and only when i sip.  I can feel the water going down and only hurts when I hit that point.  

Thank you for asking this question.  I was about to post the same thing.  Glad I browsed the posts first.

Sleeved July 10th ~ My independence day!
Highest Weight: 302, Consult Weight:298 Surgery Weight:263 

Teasha1
on 7/14/12 12:23 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Sounds pretty normal, I could not sip until about three weeks or so out; I had to use a spoon and just put a tiny bit in it and then sort of let it run back into my throat.  It will pass. 

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

PoohHag
on 7/14/12 2:30 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 Very common.  It sucks ass, in my opinion.  At five weeks out, I'm just now feeling rehydrated.  I still don't get in 64 oz yet, but I'm improving.  Before surgery, I had no trouble getting 80 oz in.

Just keep working at it and don't get discouraged.  It does get better.  For me, water was the worst.  I could do milk or broth much better.  However, I can no longer tolerate protein shakes.  I guess 2 straight weeks of them did me in.  They gag me now.

ajsnbjs
on 7/14/12 12:33 pm - IA
VSG on 06/14/12
I'm the same way! I'm 4 weeks out. I'm fine with SF lemonaide, tea, and gaterade 2. All other liquids hur****er especially! I just want some cold water! When will the hurt go away and we can drink normally? I'm only getting about 40 oz in and I know I'm getting dehydrated. My bottle is with me all day but I just can't do it.
AimingLow
on 7/16/12 1:37 am - HI
VSG on 07/11/12
I noticed if I sip too fast or too much it's happening to me. It actually took me 3 days to get down a 23 oz bottle of water. I got more down yesterday, but it's a process. I get mentally tired of constantly thinking about sipping, but it's a necesarry evil at this point. Wishing you the best!

Most Active