GIMME A BREAK!

Desari63
on 7/19/12 2:19 am, edited 7/19/12 2:19 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Does anyone remember this show where she (Nell Cater) is a housekeeper to a widowed policeman with 2 kids and in the opening credits she is standing on a scale, all calm, steps off and then grabs the damn thing by the neck, chocking the life out of it, screaming "YOU LIAR"!!!!!!

Well that was me this morning. I'm 1/2 way to goal, 2lbs away from Onederland, screaming naked at the scale in the bathroom (I know...vivid image and you're now blind for life..LOL)..."YOU LIAR!!!"! My husband comes running in with all 4 dogs behind him, the Yorkie between his legs to get a better view and yapping at the scale! I just love my Obi-Wan...he's the funniest support I have and he makes me laugh...! Will I ever make to Onderland...will the saga continue?...or will I just shoot the scale and buy a new one because this one seems to be broken and stuck on 201??? Stay tuned...same Bat time..same Bat channel...

Barbara McKeown

Pkrplyr777
on 7/19/12 2:21 am - CT
Almost peed myself with the visual

I feel your pain. I have 1.5 lbs till goal and believe me that scale is a big fat liar!
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
vogue
on 7/19/12 2:37 am
VSG on 08/30/12
GIMME A BREAK!!! I used to love that show when I was a kid!!!

RIP Nell Carter who died from weight related illness ( diabetes)

that visual had me cracking up!! thanks for the laughs
Shagdoll
on 7/19/12 2:37 am
Barbara, I loved that!!! Dang, I got the visual like Donna did!! Don't think I was going to pee in my pants but my little sleeve hurts from all the giggling I did reading your post!!!
Definitely keep us posted and please make it a happy & comical post next time too!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Desari63
on 7/19/12 2:51 am, edited 7/19/12 2:52 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
When I was part of a MC (motorcycle club), I was the historian and also had to write a monthly review for the TMRA Folly about what we did in our chapter for that month. I found that making it funny makes the reading easier and just plain hysterical. So when I make posts or comments (when appropriate) I will use humor to make it fun to read but to also get the point across that I'm trying to display.

Glad you enjoyed the read and I will keep them coming!!
tripmom02
on 7/19/12 5:50 am - NJ
 This is my motto - 

LOL I also tend to use humor to get my point across, or to be mean to people I know won't get it. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Desari63
on 7/19/12 6:18 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
And that's just a bonus for us that do get it...
skyjem
on 7/19/12 3:33 am - Canada
That's funny, I totally remember that show. Now I have the theme song in my head.

AmberK
on 7/19/12 4:19 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 That's EXACTLY how I weigh! Every morning, after I pee . I am right where you are! Yesterday i was 201.9 and today 200.9 so maybe tomorrow or in the next couple of days 199 will appear on my scale!!! 

Here's to us  We will get there! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Desari63
on 7/19/12 6:28 am, edited 7/19/12 6:28 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Amen sister!!! WE WILL SURVIVE..AS LONG AS WE KNOW HOW TO LOVE WE'LL ALWAYS BE ALIVE!!!...

Oh wait..Gloria Gaynor...My bad...LOL! It should be "WE ARE FAMILY..I GOT ALL MY SISTERS WITH ME...AND A FEW BROTHERS TOO"!!!!
Most Active