Sorry, full of questions today

mmplumme
on 7/20/12 12:18 pm - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
I am 5 weeks out. I get full really fast. I can only take 1/2 an once of fish, 1 very runny egg, less than 1/4 cup of refried beans. Seams like very little this far out. Very hard to get all my protein. I know the stomach swells after surgery and it takes time, but my goodness, how long?

justeric78
on 7/20/12 12:22 pm - Houston, TX
Your going to have to drink protein shakes for months in order to get your protein in for quite sometime. Some people have to drink them even into maintenance. I drink them in the mornings or after a run out of choice. With that being said, enjoy the restriction it is what is going to help you lose the weight. It will get better after 3 months or so in my experience. You will probably also notice an increase in capacity after 6 months and 1 year.

Elaine2
on 7/20/12 12:37 pm - Atlanta, GA
At 5 weeks, This is normal. You want this type of restriction to go on as long as possible, IMHO.
Swelling will continue to decrease but your foods will get more dense over the next  few weeks. So your volume isn't going to go up allot.

Find a protein shake you like. You might have to do 2 a day to meet your protein goals until you can eat more dense protein. I still do 1 shake a day (40 g) to meet my goal.

vocalcoach
on 7/20/12 12:49 pm - MD
I"m 7 months out today and still have a double scoop protein shake every morning (64g protein).  I had restriction like that for a LONG time...wish I still did=)

mmplumme
on 7/20/12 12:59 pm - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Oh thank you, I was really worried!

PapaJack
on 7/20/12 6:18 pm - VA
Good for you! You are NORMAL!!! Go lose weight & enjoy life.

Sleeved July 26 2011
Dr. Clark Newport News VA
Married 40 years
2 Kids, 2 Grandkids
1 old dog        

Most Active