13 days post op

jayla_love
on 7/28/12 12:29 am - CA
VSG on 07/16/12
for the last 4 days the scale hasn't moved.. wondering what I am doing wrong. I try to get as much liquid as possible even adding water to my tomato soup.. have not even moved on to the puree stage yet.. averything is liquid.. I still have some soreness and am tired all the time.  I try to walk a little bit every couple of hours.. could stress be a factor?  I returned to work 5 days ago and have been struggling with sleep
Airpun79
on 7/28/12 12:43 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hello Jayla!
I'm not a doctor but I'm willing to bet that stress and lack of sleep could be contributing to your issue. Others on this borad may be to provide additional info but those are just my thoughts. I'm 8 days post op and I've been getting close to my 64oz of water and 7-8 hrs of sleep and I feel brand new.  I have more energy now 1-week post op than I've had in the last 10-12 yrs.  I can't wait until I hit my 6-8 weeks post op so I can go full strength on exercise.

Take care and best of luck to you!

Best wishes, Larry

HW: 360      SW: 351             CW: 212         GOAL: 200 
Monthly Weight Loss Progression:
M1:-46 M2:-24 M3:-14 M4:-17 M5:-9 M6:-13 M7:-7 M8:-5  M9:-1 M10:-3 M11:-8 M12: -10

TonjaTLC
on 7/28/12 12:44 am - Southlake, TX
 I wish I had some magic words for you.  I can tell you that it will move, it has to with the caloric intake.  So, take a deep breath and it will move soon!  
Surgery Date:  April 4, 2012 Offical Starting Weight: 304      
pudgypants
on 7/28/12 3:36 pm
Hi, I'm not even going to try to advise you on the WLS, as mine isn't till December. That being said, I've had 3 babies via c-section, hyster, gall-bladder, and tubal ligation. I have ALWAYS gained weight for a few weeks after the surgeries as my body is trying to heal. Your body holds on to the fluids right after any abdominal surgery for healing. It's kind of like a postpartum woman getting on the scale right within the first few weeks of childbirth. She is going to be very disappointed when she sees that her weight has stayed the same even though she dropped the baby. I think that is all pretty darn normal. Wait till the month is over and then reevaluate if you need to change what you are doing. Good luck!!! Pulling for you!!!

I am going to FIRE LANE BRYANT!!!     

VSG: 12/10/12  HW: 247   SW: 226   CW: 205.6  GW: 150 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views