The countdown begins...

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 8/1/12 1:00 pm - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 I went to my pre op appt today and met with my surgeon to go over all the details of surgery day. I made my surgeons goal weight and even under 1 lb! She was proud of me! This is it!!! 14 days till the big day! I can't believe its that close! I have been waiting for this day for a long time! I'm glad my surgery is the first one in the morning! I was worried about being diabetic and not eating. Well here I go!!! The biggest life changing decision ever, but so worth it I think!!

loverofcats
on 8/1/12 1:07 pm
 You'll do great!! You have a wonderful surgeon and will be in good hands. Just don't gain any weight between now and your surgery.

gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 8/1/12 1:21 pm - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 Thanks Gail !! I know... I was thinking that I could relax a little on the diet but no!!! Dr Chu wants me to continue with my diet.. I can do it! 

loverofcats
on 8/1/12 1:53 pm
 No relaxing. If you are one lb over your goal, the surgery will be cancelled. They will weigh you on the morning of surgery. Any weight that you lose now, is less weight that you will have to lose after surgery. You CAN do this!!!

gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Feystorm
on 8/1/12 1:32 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Yay!  We will save you a warm seat on the loser's bench.  

Are you in SoCal?  You should come to a meetup :)

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 8/1/12 1:58 pm - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 Yay for the loser's bench!!! I'm in Northern Ca.. I want to go to one of these meet ups so bad!!!

Feystorm
on 8/1/12 2:06 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 I think there was some talk of another meetup up there soon - but I might be wrong.  If so tho - I hope that you can make it.  I am going to try my hardest to make the trip up there.  So many wonderful people that I am looking forward to meeting.  

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Nadurra Deb
on 8/1/12 2:58 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I had my pre-op with my surgeon today too. My surgery is monday (freak out!). Luckly my dr didn't require me to lose anything before surgery or I'd be screwed. I have to start my clear liquid diet on Friday for 3 days. He did say to be conservative still with eating today and tomorrow...don't be gorging myself because he will know when he does the surgery. I have lost a couple of lbs the past couple of weeks doing my own version of a partial liquid, low carb diet. It is not easy that is for sure. I'm definitely not quite as confident this week as I was last week. That's not going to stop me tho. I'm going for this and giving it my all. We are going to do great!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Shagdoll
on 8/2/12 1:30 am, edited 8/2/12 1:43 am
It is so worth it gurl. You did awesome with your weight loss before surgery.  Keep us posted on everything!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 8/2/12 5:42 am - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 Thanks so much!!! I will keep you all posted! Can't wait to join you on the losers bench

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views