Strange post op addiction

Pobearsam7
on 8/9/12 7:42 pm
Im 6 wks and 1 day post op and I've noticed a weird addiction I have. I get almost a high smelling food fried in grease. I was at a home yesterday morning and I felt like I got a high smelling turkey bacon fried in grease. I immediately went to my car and took a couple of sips of water and I was fine. The only food I have eaten post op is on my approved list only. My parents are from the low country and the food the cook is not to healthy and my parents are thin...so I've been going in the kitchen just smelling the food and walking out of the room drinking water to get my head straight and I have a habit now of asking them to look at their fast food they get as if I get a high fom it and then I start drinking water. I am terrified of doing something to my new stomach so I haven't cheated plus I want to stay on track with my weight loss, sorry for being so long, but does this sound weird???

Kelly                

lunabella007
on 8/9/12 7:56 pm
It doesn't sound weird to me!

I get a little bit of a facial blush when I eat certain foods just from the pleasure of eating!

"Dimidium facti qui coepit habet, incipe!" (He who has begun is half done, begin!)
- Horace 

Pobearsam7
on 8/9/12 8:00 pm
I'm looking not touching it... I'm terrified of hurting my new stomach

Kelly                

PoohHag
on 8/9/12 7:56 pm - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 Your sense of smell is heightened after surgery, at least mine is.  Your taste buds are changing too.  Don't be surprised if those foods that smell so good taste so bad later.

Pobearsam7
on 8/9/12 7:59 pm
Really??? I think my memory was shot after surgery lol
My mom was drinking soda and I smelled it half way across the room..,

Kelly                

PoohHag
on 8/9/12 8:02 pm - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 I was a buttered biscuit addict before surgery.  Now they taste awful.  I know, not on the plan, but I tried one to satisfy the mental craving.  So gross and sat in my stomach like a rock.
Pobearsam7
on 8/9/12 8:08 pm
I think your right....taste buds probably do change after the vsg

Kelly                

Pura Vida
on 8/9/12 8:56 pm - Costa Rica
I had that too after surgery, I would even have vivid dreams about trapping animals and eating their flesh (when I was on liquids/mushy). I think it is a combination of hormones and emotions, but it sounds like you are handling it well.
Pobearsam7
on 8/10/12 3:16 am
Your tight I pretty much have this handled w/ my bottle of water.it seems like the water snaps me back to reality lol

Kelly                

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/12 9:29 pm
Not weird at all. It's a heightened sense of smell.

I remember the smells! Most of them were pleasant, but a few were just awful. I couldn't stand the smell of onions or garlic. It was enough to make feel sick. The other smell I couldn't take was salmon. I never have really like the smell of salmon, but right after surgery it was enough to make me run away.

The smell of baked goods sent me into a delerium of sorts. I didn't want to eat them, but man they got me going. It was sort of like floating on Cloud 9. I even liked to push cookies and stuff on my friends just to watch them eat it. Freaky, I know...
Most Active