Mixed EMOTIONS

MissSmoove1
on 8/12/12 8:19 pm
VSG on 08/13/12
 OH family, I'm starting to feel mixed emotions!!! In about 4 hours it will be time for me to leave for the hospital, I just tucked my daughter in at my moms house and spoke with my son on the phone he's at his other grandmother house. I'm home making sure I have everything together and my house is spotless... In my mind I'm asking myself is this the right thing  for me to be doing??? I'm ready to cry at any moment I'm feeling very scared right now...
Scohen1975
on 8/12/12 8:27 pm - Sandy, UT
 I had the same emotions. I just had my surgery on the 10th. I am doing great and look forward to the downward movement on the scale. I even had people over for BBQ and I was totally fine with my few sips of soup and bites of jello💟.  I still wonder if right thing. But all I do is think about the fact that I would be shoving something bad down my throat like pizza, burger, wings.....and I am not! I am doing good for me and my family. Feel free to ask any questions. I am just a few days ahead of you
moonglo82
on 8/12/12 8:28 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
We've all been there. I was in tears when they rolled me back to the OR... and that was after the anti-anxiety meds the night before and again that morning lol.

True story: when I got to the OR, the anesthaesiologist was the only one with me at first. He asked me if I had any questions, and I nodded and asked him if he had ever seen anyone die during surgery. I realize now that his smile was a feeble attempt to not chuckle, but in my sedated stupor that smile was comforting and reassuring. He swore to me that he had never lost anyone in the OR, and that he had been there a very long time. Then he took my hand and said he was going to give me an injection that would make me "feel very good." Next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery lol.

Have you researched what you're doing? Have you researched your surgeon? If you trust your surgeon and know what you're getting into, and you've still made it this far, you're going to be just fine. Take a deep breath and try to get some rest if you can. You'll be sleeved before you know it!

Good luck and keep us posted

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Missey J.
on 8/12/12 8:38 pm - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12
Super big hugs and prayers for ya. I am 2 weeks out and am wondering the same thing. The emotions we're going thru I am told are normal for us.

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
Luvnall3
on 8/12/12 9:12 pm
I know what you mean. I am putting my kids to bed right now and freakin out a bit. But it helps that my kids tell me they are happy I will finally be healthy. Think of your children and that they deserve to have you at your best for the rest of their lives. This is how feel, If I do not have this surgery, my kids are going to miss out on me being the best mom I could be. Because, I cannot go on those bike rides, play on the toys or even chase them in the yard- all due to my weight. This surgery is going to help me do those things eventually! What a blessing. Hun you can do this and sending hugs your way. Everything will turn out and I am taking my phone with me so I can check up on everyone else that shares the lucky 13 sleeve day!! Deep breath.....
 praying for ya!

31 yrs. old~Height : 5'4" HW: 265 * SW: 263 * CW: 181 * GW: 160

pknorr2
on 8/12/12 11:35 pm - CA
That goodbye to my daughter was the toughest part besides telling her she couldn't come visit me at the hospital on the phone.
Totally normal feelings. You may even cry at the hospital tomorrow

Emotionally afterwards was much better than I anticipated ****il it was "that" time)

You can do this!

vsgman
on 8/13/12 4:17 am - CT
Normal to be scared, i was too. It was over before i knew it and 10 months later and over 160 down i wouldn't change a thing. You'll do great and focus on what life will be like when at goal.
Shagdoll
on 8/13/12 8:10 am
I'm a little late replying to this post but I hope you had a successful surgery with a smooth recovery so far. Best of luck to you!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active