2 years out and living large.... in a different way :) Pics!

Cedes
on 8/27/12 7:21 pm - West Olive, MI

Hi all:),  I am just past my 2 year surgiversary and thought I should check in, say hi, update.... :)  Life has been really, really good!  You know, there are the usual ups and downs, bouts of eating for all the wrong reasons (even though I am super selective and make each bite worth it!), but my life in general, and with food feels as close to normal as I have known:). 
I have maintaned my loss for about a year now, with a couple ups, then right back down.... I had a goal of 160 in mind, but with the way I eat, live, etc... my body seems to have settled here.  I want the daily treat, to eat carbs, etc... I do try to eat as clean and healthy as possible.... it is amazing how so many things are not even appealing to me anymore:  fast food, pop, high fat desserts (well, a few bites), pasta, bagels, etc.... 
There is no secret way to be here....  I am trying to nourish myself physically, emotionally, spirirtually, and try to have fun in all aspects of life.  Making my workouts fun, my cooking fun, my marriage fun....   I tend to babble:), but I guess my message is for you to do this journey your way, no-one elses!!  I used to come on this site and think I had to low cal it, or low carb it, or make goal in 6 months... but that is not me.... and come to find out, I really did make it to goal in just over a year....  I can't tell you how long I worried about the last "10ish" pounds.... but I feel good, am told I look good, so I am good with this! 
I went for a consult a few days before my 2 years out, and booked a tummy-tuck and an arm lift.... I really wanted them to deal with my upper thighs, but all in due time:).
If anyone needs a word of encouragement, let me know!  This is for life, but procede with patience and grace!  Thanks for listening:)  Mercedes

I always used to be the fat one on vaca....... not anymore!!!

Granted, this pic is flattering, but..... I rocked that dress:)

Life aint always beautiful, but it is a beautiful ride!           Imagine what you could do, if you could not fail! 

Ticker reflects weight loss post-op.  Lost 14 pre-op.

Shagdoll
on 8/27/12 7:23 pm
You look great!! Thank you for coming back on here to share your story!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Alexis K.
on 8/27/12 7:25 pm
VSG on 07/30/12
You're beautiful! Thank you for sharing, I'm one month out today and love seeing what I have to look forward to!

Cedes
on 8/27/12 7:28 pm - West Olive, MI
Congratulations!  You do have so much to look forward to!  Keep it up:)
Life aint always beautiful, but it is a beautiful ride!           Imagine what you could do, if you could not fail! 

foolishgrrl_1
on 8/27/12 7:27 pm
VSG on 03/11/13
Thanks for sharing that different pov, and yes you look great! 

...I keep looking for the 'Like' button.
loverofcats
on 8/27/12 7:28 pm
 You look wonderful, healthy, and happy. I could have written your post. I am coming up on my 2 years this week, and life has changed and feels very different.  You have done very well and have found your happy place. Best of luck with the plastics!! That is the next stage of the journey.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

AllaP
on 8/27/12 7:29 pm - Vaughan, Canada
 Beautiful post. Thank you and congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alla.

dr_spatula
on 8/27/12 7:31 pm
VSG on 07/27/12
Most excellent!! Love that smile on your face and glad to hear of your successes!! Beautiful job!!

frisco
on 8/27/12 7:35 pm

Really Cool !!!!

Rockin the whole look !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Cedes
on 8/27/12 7:38 pm - West Olive, MI
Thanks Frisco, that means a lot!  Love all your positive energy on here!!  M

Most Active