I need help

MissSmoove1
on 8/31/12 11:21 am
VSG on 08/13/12
 I'm starting to feel hungry I don't know if it's just in my head!! I had surgery on 8/13 I'm on soft foods. I meet with the team from the doctors office and I was told do the protein shake twice a day for breakfast and dinner and drink water in between and as long as I can get the 50-60 grams of protein in and the min of 48oz of water in I can eat something if not do not eat! I'm at the point where the protein shake I was drinking is make me feel sick every time I take a sip I want to throw up. Water is starting to make my tummy hurt wth I feel I just want to eat!! 
SleevedLife
on 8/31/12 11:26 am
I had to get on a PPI early out and that totally erased any hunger feelings I was having.  If I forget to take it one day, those feelings come back!  

It is easy to mistake acid for hunger, so that might be a possibily.  Are you have any kind of heartburn or other symptoms of acid reflux?    If so, talk to your surgeon about a PPI (that's proton pump inhibitor, by the way).

It could also be head hunger messing with you.  You've been through some major MAJOR changes so it can take a way for your mind to get used to eating so much less. 

I hope it gets better - and I'm sure it will.  Seriously, everything gets better.  EVERYTHING!  Hang in there.  

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

Marioksig
on 8/31/12 11:30 am - Santa Clara, CA
drink all the water you can, it will help supress the hunger...

100 LBS gone in 3 Months! - 150 LBS gone in just over 5 Months! 

200 LBS gone in just under 9 Months!

Please Check out my blog:
www.sheddingounces.net  

jacreasy
on 8/31/12 11:32 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 Go to Tryabouttime.com and order 2 different protein shakes (Sample packs) for $3.99 Free shipping.  I like the Choc Peanut Butter, and Cinn. Swirl... This brand id the only one that doesn't make me gag Good Luck

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

lisa2job
on 8/31/12 1:43 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
I heard your taste will change after surgery so I went on line and ordered samples of all different type of protien drinks / flavors ect.  also  try drink crystal light other than just plain water it may help.   hang in there it will get better soon 
Most Active