Upping carbs and calories = 5lb loss in 4 days!!!

Lisa S.
on 9/19/12 5:37 pm - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
Disclosure: This has worked for me. Talk to your surgeon/nut, etc. about YOUR plan.

I upped my calories to 700-800 and carbs 30-40 and this resulted in a 5lb loss in 4 days. It broke my stall...finally. I feel better too. I was at 600-700 calories and 20-30 carbs. The extra carbs and calorie is really just adding a glass of lite cran raspberry juice, or roasted soy nuts, or raw almonds, etc. to my day.
I also have been doing LOTS of walking. I think it is finding what works best for your body and activity. But like my "disclosure" says, check with your surgeon, nut, doc, etc about your plan.

SleeveMe81
on 9/19/12 6:05 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 This worked for me too! My Dr. suggests that my carbs be between 50-75 and I was averaging 20 carbs a day. As soon as I started hitting 50 carbs and getting in 700 calories my weight finally started going down again!

Lisa S.
on 9/19/12 6:22 pm - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
Woo Hoo! Doesn't it feel good when the scale moves. Congrats on your success. Sometimes it seems this journey is a trial and error test. But I am loving it.

LilSleeved
on 9/20/12 3:14 am
The trainer for the Extreme Weight Loss show, advises his clients to have one day with increased "good carbs" -- it makes sense to me to "confuse" your body a little.  I'm glad it worked for you!  I plan to do this also when I hit my plateau.

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

Alexis K.
on 9/20/12 6:48 am
VSG on 07/30/12
I've never been a carb counter, but they stay pretty low without trying just from eating protein first and not being able to eat much volume wise. If I stop losing, I can almost always look back at my food journal for the previous few days and see that my calorie intake has been low. As soon as I get back up to my goal (between 600 and 800) it starts coming off again. Crazy how that works- and even crazier that it can be a struggle to get in 600-800 calories some days!

Most Active