Freaking out a bit, well a lot really.

Pinkchickadee
on 9/21/12 12:33 pm
 The last 2 days I have been eating like there's no tomorrow. On Monday I start 3 weeks of protien shakes and water only. I have a  lot of  stress about whether I will be able o do it and I know I am saying goodbye to the way I have always eaten which I am actually ok with but when I realized the  Preop diet was  so close it  kind of freaked me out. Any words of advice?

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169

Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/21/12 1:19 pm - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Set your mind to do it and you will do fine.

I thought it was helpful to have more warm/hot liquids in the evening. So for supper, I had warm water with my chocolate protein shake (I used mostly Unjury) and it was like a hot cocoa. I also drank lots of hot tea in the evening to help curb the urge to snack at night.

Good luck.

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

kristen D.
on 9/21/12 1:53 pm - Middletown, NY
VSG on 09/25/12

I just went through the same thing! You are not alone!! I couldn't stop shoving my favorite foods in my face! I put up a post and got a lot of helpful replies if you'd like to look! 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4567882/Normal-to-be-e ating-fav-meals-as-a-break-up/#37863632

wasabilover
on 9/22/12 7:57 am - TX
 My nut referred to it as "last suppering". 
PrettyEyes_41
on 9/22/12 8:05 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
I've also heard them called 'food funerals' but that's silly because after a few months you can eat many of your favorites, just in much smaller portions and with lower carbs. Be careful not to sabotage yourself and gain weight before your preop diet starts. I liked the Unjury chicken soup protein in ho****er (under 130deg though) and I would add a chicken boullion cube to it and it really tasted like a good chicken soup broth. It was my saving grace before and after surgery. I still use a daily scoop of Unjury Vanilla or unflavored protein in my coffee every morning after it cools just a bit. It helps me at 3 1/2 months out to keep my protein up. I just ordered 2 more tubs of it a few minutes ago. Good luck - you can do it! When you feel your will power letting you down just remember all the reasons you wanted this surgery to begin with. I made a list of my reasons and taped it to the refrigerator and pantry doors!!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Most Active