Weird sensation and don't know what to think about it

nieba
on 10/10/12 2:30 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
I am 5 weeks out, still on soft foods and starting to get this very strange sensation. I would have my sips of water...no problems. About an hour later of not having anything, I would be siting here and start to feel like I have water or something, going up my throat.

It is not my normal gas bubble and I don't feel nauseous. I just get this feeling like something wants back up. I will get these waves every 5-10 mins after that.

Mind you I haven't had anything to eat or drink for about an hour before I get these. Anyone else get something similar? Any advice?

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

Amy 2bhealthy
on 10/10/12 2:34 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Are you taking a PPI? 

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

nieba
on 10/10/12 2:40 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
I stopped taking the Prilosec for a while because I felt it wasn't helping my bubble issue. But after thinking about this, I started taking it again today.

Jennifer B.

slimpickins5280
on 10/10/12 2:41 am - CO
Stomach acid?

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Sara R.
on 10/10/12 2:48 am
I think its extra stomach acid. not positive but pretty sure. Mine usually doesnt hurt unless a food triggers it.

AdeanaMarie
on 10/10/12 2:48 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
 I think the Prilosec will help.  I kept having weird feelings and issues whenever I tried to go off of it.  I am fine with being on it for now and will try at a later date to go off again.  When I go off, I also have a weird burning feeling sensation.  Almost like hunger, which of course, I wanted to feed.  But just like my whole digestive system was speeding up.  The Priolosec really helps me.  Hope it takes care of the issue for you.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

nieba
on 10/10/12 2:49 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
It's hard to say. It could be. I did have GERD going into surgery. Just weird that it waits so long before it come up.

Jennifer B.

Most Active