Dehydration...it can happen

Keelan
on 10/13/12 2:38 pm
I don't post as often as I use to but after my experience this pass week I felt the need to share. I'm a few weeks past my 2 year mark and have done amazing. I feel like a totally new person and I'm grateful everyday for my sleeve and what it has helped me achieve.
Since my surgery I have had issues with getting my fluid intake up. I use to drink about 3 liters of water daily and then pop and more liquids and now since surgery there are days when I might only get in a 500 ml bottle of water. This pass week I ended up sick with an inner ear infection and some dizziness that I thought was from the infection, I seen my doctor on Thursday and he also told me I was dehydrated. I explained to him  that the dizziness was make me nauseous and therefor vomited a couple of times on Wednesday night and Thursday morning. He recommend getting some Gatorade or pedialite and hopefully that would work, well it didn't and Friday morning I had the rapid heart beat, cold sweat and was very lethargic. I had to go into emergency and be hooked up to i.v fluids. My dehydration was so bad that it had been over a 24 hour span that I couldn't urinate and my kidney function was nil.
I guess the moral of my story is no matter how far out we get from that initial day of surgery we can always have a complication. We need to be diligent of our choice and realize that although things change and we don't feel hungry we need to eat, don't feel thirsty well we still need to drink. Our sleeve are apart of us forever and so are the changes to our lives styles.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Nancy S.
on 10/13/12 2:51 pm
Thank You for sharing that, I have my surgery on the 22nd and Its just good to hear things like this, You really should post more often.

nancy
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views