Not hungry days do you eat?

hollirrose
on 10/24/12 1:58 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
I follow the 600 - 800 calories/- 40 carbs/+ 60 protein/+ 64 oz fluid. I walk a couple or miles a week and am not a hardcore exerciser. I have had fab results with this plan the last 6 months or so (128 lbs). I really dont ever go over 600 calories a day. There are several days during the month, maybe 10, that I reach my protein goals and have at least 100 to 200 calories left to reach 600. Should I eat them to get the min of 600 or not? I can eat but just not feeling hungry. I know I could add another shake ...but I really would rather not. Im not making bad food choices (cheese stick, low carb veg, etc) when I am eating the calories but I dont want get into the bad habit of eating when not hungry. Maybe I am overthinking this.... And let me assure you there are also many days that I have no prob getting the 600 calories in and hell there are a few days that I want more! Thanks for your input!
Pobearsam7
on 10/24/12 9:32 pm
 I've been having days when I. Not hungry. I'm 4 1/2 months post op and I eat on the same plan u do no more than 600 cal under 40 carbs. I've been trying to eat several small meals a day but I have days where I won't eat much

Kelly                

AdeanaMarie
on 10/24/12 11:04 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
I would ask your nutritionist, but you need to remember that even though your body burns the excess fat, when you do not eat enough calories, there is still a very good reason to get a good amount of calories from food you are consuming on a daily basis.  Fluctuating calories each day up or down can actually be a good thing for your body, but going too low in calories can starve your major organs.  Talk to your nutritionist and find out what they think.  Mine is definitely about getting in enough calories to nourish your body, 1200 a day, enough protein to keep muscle, at least 80 grams a day, and losing at a steady pace, so that you do not freak your body out, like we do at first with major drops in weight. 

You will find varying opinions on here for sure, so do your research, listen to your body and get professional advice.  You will not feel hungry much of the time, but having an eating plan that gives your body good nutrients is just as important as getting the weight off.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views