O-N-E-D-E-R-L-A-N-D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

njhanibal
on 10/25/12 7:02 am - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12

8 MORE POUNDS TIL 100LBS DROPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SITTING HERE THINKING, IF I WORKED OUT, DID A HI-PROTEIN DIET AND MEASURED EVERYTHING, WOULD I BE THERE. HOWEVER, I JUST COULDN'T EXCHANGE ONE BEHAVIOUR FOR ANOTHER ONE. EAT LIGHTLY, EAT SMART. EAT RIGHT.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/25/12 7:13 am
VSG on 10/09/12
You don't measure, eat high protein and you don't work out? Ok the measuring and tracking I get that it is a pain and many don't do it. I have a hard time with it too. But protein is kind of essential, no? And working out is part of the live smart and right mantra along with eating smart and right...which post VSG includes ensuring adequate protein from what I understand. If you can share your approach it would be great. Congrats on your loss so far and best wishes with the rest.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

njhanibal
on 10/25/12 7:46 am - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12
I followed the Drs' and Nutr's advice, until I was approved to eat solids. If you read most of the post on this site, concerning food, people turned the overeating, prior to surgery, to over reacting on what to eat. You can't eat as much post surgery. You should've been drinking a lot of water daily anyway. You shouldn't have had fluid 30 minutes prior nor after eating,,, thats just common sense. We're told to do what we should have been doing all along. We react to Dr's advice faster than we do lay-peoples advice. Also, I walk while I work and eat properly, the way  I should have done before getting heavy as I did. All the after surgery meds the Dr said to take, stopped them also. Dr said everything was in perfect condition @ 3 month check up. Also, colon cleanses help toooooooo...

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/25/12 7:59 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Makes sense but as we know common sense isn't always all that common! And I do think that our post op needs in terms of nutrition will never be the same as a person with 100% of their stomach intact who just eats sensibly.

Which post surgery meds are you talking about? I didn't get any apart from nexium for six weeks and then urso for prevention of gall stones...i don't want another surgery...so want to keep my gall bladder for now. No other meds. Are you talking abt vitamins and calcium and the B12? I would not be surprised that your levels are good at three months. The body has a stock. Keep an eye on things coz at one year or more post surgery it might look different. I hope not, but do keep up on your labs.

Again congrats on your weight loss.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

kathyslife3
on 10/25/12 8:10 am - CA

good for youangry you gotta celebrate your accomplishments a few pounds at a time. And to ponder wont change that you are succeeding with the sleeve, woulda coulda shoulda . Wow in a perfect world non of us would need the sleeve but we did and are taking control of our bodies and lives, so I say it again good for you,be proud of yourself nomatter how you are doing it, You are doing it...broken heart

Italian-Princess
on 10/25/12 8:22 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Hi NJ

Been a long time!  You're doing great..........we all have to find what works best for us.  Obviously, your way is proving successful for you.....92 pounds in just over 4 months is outstanding!  Congratulations! 

I think too many times some folks tend to over-think this process  It's pretty basic and shouldn't cause undue drama!

Keep rockin' that sleeve...........and let us know when you hit Onederland!

Ree

saraw79
on 10/25/12 9:09 am - MI
VSG on 05/07/12

woohoo... :)

Pre op diet 224
Surgery day 212
month 1 to 2 i lost 9.6 pounds
month 2 to 3 i lost 7 pounds
month 3 to 4 i lost 6.2

TSinNC
on 10/26/12 4:21 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Awesome!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views