I did terrible today!

Teresa J.
on 10/30/12 10:28 am - McKinney, TX
VSG on 08/06/12 with
I am owning and taking responsibility for eating like a freakin pig today!!

I started off really well with an Atkins protein shake then 1/2 a red bell pepper with 2oz. of hummus. Then lunched happened. I had the best intentions of just eating 2oz. of chili but then I spotted the corn bread and it all tasted so good that I did not want to stop eating. Dinner was not bad, couple ounces of chicken. My main fear is if I over eat one time will I stretch out my sleeve? I can not fail this time. There is no more do overs for me with WLS.

Teresa

celticfaery
on 10/30/12 10:35 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

5+ years of sleeved life, I can tell you that you sleeve will not stretch after one bad day.  It will stretch a little over time, but I recently revised to the DS and after 2 weeks of liquids, my surgeon said my sleeve had not stretched a bit even after a few years of abuse...

Tomorrow is a new day!  Take it one choice at a time.  =)

Sleeved 6/2007 - Switched 10/2012 

RedStar98
on 10/30/12 10:38 am - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12
I don't understand yet, since i'm only 4 weeks post-op, how you can keep eating so much st one time, food comes back up if I eat too much.
Hang in there, tommorow is a new day!

Teresa J.
on 10/30/12 11:18 am - McKinney, TX
VSG on 08/06/12 with
It was probably only a cup but after measuring 2oz of everything I eat it seemed and felt like a lot. I know I will do bett tomorrow cause I will be at work. Just was so disappointed in myself that I would put my sleeve in jeopardy.

Teresa

AmberK
on 10/30/12 11:43 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

How do you feel with your restriction with Dr. Nick? He was my doc. I don't feel as if my sleeve is as tight as others from what they can eat VS what I can eat

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Teresa J.
on 10/30/12 1:11 pm - McKinney, TX
VSG on 08/06/12 with

If I start with dense protein like chicken or fish I have good restriction but other things I can eat what I think is too much.  At first 1/4 cup of cottage cheese was more than enough and could only eat 1/2 a scrambled egg but now can eat 1/2 a cup and a whole egg.  I just have to make sure that I weigh and measure all my food and log it in MFP so that I don't over eat.  I am half way to goal and keep telling myself that once I get to goal then I can eat more.

Teresa

Mike B.
on 10/30/12 9:51 pm
It is a work in progress. Look, you ate something you really did not need, but you came back at dinner and did much better. Take it one meal at a time and always realize, you have to make smart choices at EVERY meal. The sleeve is a tool we all have to learn how to use; it is not a fix all.
We all know what our trigger foods are, so before you pick something up to eat it, make sure its not one of them.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

swizzlequeen
on 10/30/12 10:23 pm

Teresa J,

It pains me to see you speaking of yourself in a punishing way...

You are a human being. That means that you are not perfect. (None of us are...) Imperfect means that there will be times that don't go 100% on plan, or there may be times that you feel disappointed in your behavior. Feeling disappointed is different from beating yourself up.

You are a human being who  is learning some complex new behaviors having to do with food and other aspects of your life, and unlearning other complex behaviors... that is a lot!

Be loving and forgiving of yourself. It looks like you are doing very well indeed, given what you have described how you track your intake and measure, and also the rate of your weight loss...

For me, it is a real point of danger when I start telling myself unkind things about myself, because then I just give up, throw in the towel. I see here that you are considering this, that "I don't get a do-over!" Try being kind, forgiving, truly learn from from what you are proud of and what you think you could do better. You are NOT failing. Extra bites of ANYTHING do not equal being a failure.

One of my goals is to completely reject the punitive "dieting" mentality that I am convinced goes hand-in-hand with a deep-rooted hatred of obese people in the culture I live in (although that problem is almost worldwide, I think...) I think that for my success, it is critical that I learn how to keep my disappointments (and they will happen) in perspective rather than allowing myself to blow them up into irreversible catastrophes; how to and think forgivingly about myself; cultivate curiosity -- as opposed to punishment -- about why and how I do the things I do, even when those things seem to be not in my best interest; and to remember that I am learning lots and lots of new things about myself.

I think that part of our goal here is not just the numbers on the scale, or whether we are able to exactly match the food plan given to us by our medical providers, but also the ability to learn new ways of thinking and feeling, which then create new patterns of behavior. None of that stuff happens overnite. OUr learning curve is huge!

IN Overeaters Anonymous they say something like "progress ( or maybe process), not perfection!"

Be nice to yourself! You are doing very very well!

((((((HUGS))))))

==swizzlequeen

Most Active