How to move past a stall...

Nickycole
on 11/14/12 8:51 pm - FL
I cant remember my exact surgery date but I am over a year out and I have lost about 65lbs, I'm ecstatic with that but I still feel I need to lose about 20 more to make me happy. I am 182lbs now. Some days that's up but I've teetered right there for several months now. I exercise, I eat reasonably but not the best, I'm working on that part. My question is, are there other people out there going through the same thing? Is there anything I can do to get it going again? I feel like I have no energy.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it, you will land among the stars." --- Les Brown

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

sleevegirl
on 11/14/12 9:17 pm - Austin, TX

Your post shows surgery on 2/23/11, FYI :)

Go back to basics. 800 calories, low carb, lots of water, take your vitamins and buckle back down. You still have restriction, you just have to make up your mind to use it.

It sounds like you know where you're missing. You're in maintenance right now, so you'll have to kick it up a notch to get back to losing. Are you tracking your food intake? I would do that and see how much you're really eating.

I wouldn't call you "in a stall"... more like "in maintenance"

Energy - taking B12? Had labs done recently?

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

T M.
on 11/14/12 11:44 pm - Chicago, IL
VSG on 09/20/12

Sleevegirl has some really excellent tips! I would say the same. Another tip, if your doing exercise, try pushing yourself a bit more. If you do weight training maybe add a bit more weight. You body probably has gotten use to the same workout and you just need to adjust.

Shagdoll
on 11/15/12 1:02 am

Exactly what Sleevegirl said ... every word!!! 

Jenn  

WWBD?  

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/12 1:45 am, edited 11/15/12 1:45 am

Sleevegirl all the way.  It is all about the calories, protein and carbs.  Not complicated, not magic, but hard work.  It is not easy to get back into the swing of things, but it can be done.  I know you can do it if you want it enough.  Good luck to you.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views