Getting nervous

2_A_New_Me
on 11/18/12 4:21 am - OH
Now that surgery is scheduled and less than a month away I'm getting nervous. I guess it's only normal to worry a little about having surgery. I try not to think about the actual surgery but the success and benefits to follow.
So very thankful for this site and all the information that everyone shares. It is great to have an idea of what things will be like before, during and after surgery thanks to all of you.

Surgery scheduled.....December 13, 2012

lucy2e
on 11/18/12 4:26 am - Laurel, MD

Nerves are completely normal!  It was completely funny for me how in less then 5 minutes I went from being impatient to be approved to having butterflies flying in my tummy - all it took was the call saying I was approved and scheduling me! 

You are going to do great.  This surgery will change your life in ways you can not even imagine!  

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Cindi A.
on 11/18/12 7:31 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

I was getting so impatient to get on with the surgery earlier this fall. Then it looked like funding from the government would delay it until April. I had no idea how I was going to hang in there and stay on a healthy eating plan until then. (I was so afraid that surgery was all that was keeping me on track.)

I had to leave this board for a few months. Seeing all those tickers moving toward goals just make me so crazy. I had to start changing my goals and expectations for a spring date. It took a while but I started getting some peace about it.

Then I get a call, giving me a November date. My first reaction: No!! I don't want this, I changed my mind!! I actually cried on my partner's shoulder. (And I'm generally not a crier.) But of course, I agreed to the date. Thoughts of not getting the surgery upset me more than thoughts about surgery. So, I know I'm on the right track.

A week later I was getting impatient again. LOL Now I am a week away and if it was tomorrow I'd be happy. I hate the idea of surgery but I have to walk that suspension bridge to get the other side which is a healthier, more active me. So, now I just want to get that over with.

Nerves. Ain't they grand? 

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Most Active