Thanksgiving preop diet report

wmubronco03
on 11/24/12 2:17 pm - MI
VSG on 11/30/12
Well I was good for most of the day but I caved at dinner. Not too crazy but not on plan. I was back on plan on Friday but I just went to grab a bottle of water from the fridge and noticed the leftover cheesecake. I cracked. I'm pretty bummed with myself right now but tomorrow is a new day. I'll get back on track and I'll make sure the wife throws out the rest of that cheesecake.

mokee
on 11/24/12 6:51 pm - OH

I was on pre-op also during this eating holiday.  I hosted Thanksgiving on Nov 11 and ate as usual.  Started the pre-op 2 days later.  Thanksgiving day I sat home alone because I could not face a bunch of people stuffing food into their mouths.  I don't know how much you can cheat but please don't do it again.  It may interfere with your surgery or  possibly postpone it.  I'm sure it is not the end of the world but try really hard.  I know it is not easy.  My surgery is Wed 28th.  When is yours?

wmubronco03
on 11/25/12 4:09 am - MI
VSG on 11/30/12
My surgery is the 30th. And I'm right back at it and on plan. Thanks for the support!

LilSleeved
on 11/24/12 6:56 pm, edited 11/24/12 6:57 pm

I have heard of  surgeons getting into do the surgery, finding the Liver not smaller and unable to manage it without injury, closing the patient up and sending them home without their Sleeve. 

It's pretty serious.

I suggest you taking the cheesecake and throwing it away.  Don't wait for your wife.  And any other leftovers that may call your name.

Sorry if I seem har****'s just something that we have to be proactive about.  It's our health, our decision to get this surgery and our responsibility to follow our doctors' orders.

Tomorrow is a new day.  You can do it because you know you must.  You would hate to be one of those patients leaving the hospital without your Sleeve because you couldn't follow your pre-op diet. 

BTW, I had to follow my preop diet for my LapBand over the Thanksgiving holiday - got in there on December 2nd and my surgery was canceled due to my Malignant Hyperthermia.  My surgery was then rescheduled for early January, so I had to do another 2 week preop diet over the Christmas holiday - so I speak from experience.  I've been through it twice over the holiday - it isn't easy, but it's doable.  And the thought of leaving the hospital without my procedure completed - and being ashamed in front of my doctor and then entire OR Team was enough to keep me on task!

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

wmubronco03
on 11/25/12 4:12 am - MI
VSG on 11/30/12
My wife threw it away before I even woke up! Love that woman! And I'm back on track. Thanks for the encouragement.

Keywester
on 11/24/12 10:13 pm
VSG on 12/05/12

I was day 2 pre-op diet.  Stuck to the water and the shakes for breakfast and lunch.  For dinner I did as my Nut told me, I ate probably more than 3 ounces of turkey and had a tablespoon of dressing, potatoes and cranberry salad, and a whole cup of brussell sprouts.  Friday morning, right back on it. So far I'm down 7 pounds.

I understand how you feel about the left overs.  I can't throw them away because the 3 men in my household would kill me.  I did make turkey soup out of the carcass and giblets.  That has kept me on the straight and narrow.  That and I don't eat with them.  I am enjoying 3 ounces of turkey meat @ dinner.

Laura

Sutterbos
on 11/25/12 2:10 am
VSG on 06/21/12

Tell the 3 men in your house to get over themselves and support you!  Missing leftovers one year will not kill them.  This year it should be all about you and what you need to get this surgery and start your new life!!

kiss

Kim624
on 11/24/12 11:00 pm - MI
I also was on my pre-op diet over Thanksgiving (surgery Nov29th). I stayed home and let my hubby and kids go and enjoy themselves for dinner. I spent that time listening to Christmas music while wrapping presents so that is one less thing I need to do when I get home from the hospital. I'm now on day 7 and it's so much easier to stay on track, I never cheated and don't plan to....this is too important for me to mess up. Stay focused on your goal and you can overcome those temptations, good luck with your surgery!
wmubronco03
on 11/24/12 11:23 pm - MI
VSG on 11/30/12
My doc and my nut both said it would be fine for me to indulge at dinner on thanksgiving so I didn't worry about it. My cheesecake episode however was unauthorized. I'm back on track today and down more then a few pounds from when I started the diet so I'm not worried. Thanks for the support guys. 5 days to go and I'm pulling into the home stretch.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views