Maybe ready for a revision....maybe...

fairy_kissez
on 11/25/12 12:45 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Im considering the sleeve after I had my lapband removed 7months ago. I had a bad experience with the band even though I lost over 100 lbs it was making me very sick, apparently if you have a family history of autoimmune diseases you should never get the band. I have lupus and mild chrons now and have gained back a lot of weight due to having to take steroids. I am hoping the sleeve will be an option for me. My surgeon says he would fight my insurance for it when I was ready. I have a lot of anxiety taking that leap again, those of you who had the sleeve as a revision how do you get over the fear???

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

mickeymantle
on 11/25/12 2:08 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you have the least risk if you go to a great doctor in a center of excellence  , they can deal with high blood pressure if the know about it , and if its to high the will not do the surgery, your young and not that overweight , the surgery should be fine

pineview01
on 11/25/12 2:53 pm - Davison, MI

I had my band removed 9/4.  I started fighting in July to get the sleeve.  If your surgeon says he would fight the insurance for you to get it, he must already believe you to be a good candidate.  I understand about the anxiety taking that leap again.  But, they band failed you or your body.  Your body isn't going to reject the sleeve as it is just less of you.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

LilSleeved
on 11/25/12 3:06 pm

do it!  I love my Sleeve!  It's so easy!  I tolerate everything, I can finally eat solid protein without sliming or that stuck feeling.  My daugther is so used to me getting stuck that she still watches me when I eat - she said, It's so nice now to see me not vomiting with every meal!  Sliming sucked!

My lapband was wonderful for 4 years, it went back 6 months ago and I revised 8 weeks ago.

I am very happy with my decision!

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views