2 weeks out and here come the tears..

Micmac2
on 11/20/12 12:27 pm

Oh my.  Today has been one of those days.  All day I was so tired and just felt sad.  I guess those hormones are kicking in or getting kicked out right? LOL  I knew I might be emotional but omg! My husband asked what was wrong and I couldn't answer. Do I miss food? Yes, but no.  Do I need more protein? yes, but no.  Do I need a hug? Yes, bu****ch out! LOL

Anyone else go through this so soon after surgery.  I'm so happy I had the surgery and don't for a second regret it!

acbbrown
on 11/20/12 12:31 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Its extremely common. Hormones are definitely going crazy at the moment and it's not only a big physical shock, but a psychological one as well. You will cycle between a number of crazy emotions- you just have to ride the roller coaster for a while until things settle down. Best thing you can do for youself is to just have a plan and follow it regardless of how you are feeling any particular day. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

slimpickins5280
on 11/20/12 12:33 pm - CO

Damn hormones. Your body stores hormones - yep, in your fat. Burn the fat, release the hormones.

It won't last, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

chrissiffine
on 11/20/12 12:37 pm - fort worth, TX

OMG!! Im so glad someone is not sugar coating this!! Im glad to know I will be a cry baby! LOL.... My surgery is Dec 20 in mexico with Dr. almanaz. HELP.....im scared already

acbbrown
on 11/20/12 1:33 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I think expecting it lessens the impact - I wasnt really super emotional that I can remember. I had buyers remorse but nothing too extreme emotionally. I had been eating healthy and exercising for a year before so post op wasnt much of a shock for me. Don't be scared! Hindsight is always 20/20 but I spent way too much time stressing about it before hand. Just relax and prepare and you;ll be okay :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

carebear32958
on 11/20/12 4:07 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

I went completely looney at about 2 weeks out....I acted like a 2 yr old and threw tempertantrums, screamed, cried...Looking back I am super ashamed and apologetic to my family who had to bear the brunt of my mood swings.  ( I even went on a food strike for 2 days becuase I was soo pissed to be eating the same crap for soo long lol)  But I came on here, vented and got some good advice from the vets and within a day or 2 I was back to normal.  Keep your head up it will get better I promise, always keep a positive attitude about this process.  Its a rollercoaster ride but when you finally get off you are gonna look back and realize it was totally worth it! Good luck! :)

mimij
on 11/20/12 9:49 pm - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

I cried at the drop of a hat for the first 3 weeks or so, then it all dried up instantly. I think there were some hormones at play and also I do believe I was grieving the loss of part of my body and change in relationship with food.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Most Active