Anxious

2_A_New_Me
on 11/30/12 1:42 am - OH
All pre-testing done but endoscopy. Doctor is running behind so here I sit waiting, does not help the anxiety. Everyone keeps saying it will be fine, just a nice little nap. After all this running around I can sure use one!

Surgery scheduled.....December 13, 2012

2_A_New_Me
on 11/30/12 1:45 am - OH
Forgot to add...in class this morning they warned us not to be surprised if we went home from surgery with a 10 to 35 pound weight gain. Doctor likes to really get the liquids in before we leave to help keep from dehydration. Said she loves to see the looks on everyone's face when she first says that before she explains.

suzie2241
on 11/30/12 3:05 am
VSG on 11/02/12

I have heard some gain 8 pounds, but not 35 (holy cow I'd freak).  I know I was very bloated for several days. They do pump a lot of fluids in (both irrigation during surgery and IV fluids).  That was gone within 5-7 days.

Taz-Princess
on 11/30/12 2:17 am - By The Beach , CA

Dont worry the best sleep I had In along time .Could even tell anything was done !!!!! You will do great !!

2_A_New_Me
on 11/30/12 9:02 am - OH
Finally done. They were way behind schedule, ended up waiting 5 hours for a 20 minute procedure. Was not bad but interesting, I could hear bits and pieces of things said while under but can't remember what was said, lol. Worst part was the nasty stuff you drink to numb your throat.

Most Active