Gosh I miss broccoli and salad...still in full liquids

Auveca
on 12/7/12 3:42 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
Looking for suggestions because these protein drinks and powders are all too sweet. I need some ideas and suggestions for another 5 days of "full liquids"...

Terrimarv
on 12/7/12 3:48 am - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
I love the Unjury chicken soup protein powder. It's VERY nice when you've had all the sweet you can stand, but still need liquid protein. I have at least 1 cup per day, 20 grams of protein per scoop--tastes even richer when made with low-sodium broth.
califsleevin
on 12/7/12 3:49 am - CA

For chocolate drinks, I add some unsweetened cocoa to the mix to boost the chocolate flavor while cutting the sweetness (I was usually using the EAS powder which has a relatively delicate chocolate flavor.) Some suggest adding some plain greek yogurt to the mix, with the yogurt's tartness offsetting the drink's sweetness.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

MuttLover
on 12/7/12 3:54 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Does your plan allow for a veggie like broccoli or asparagus to the "cooked to death" in chicken broth, then obliterated to a liquid state in a blender?  And I don't mean pureed -- I mean with enough liquid that you are eating "soup" -- then add a scoop of unflavored protein powder to it -- and a little fage yogurt.  It's still liquid, but it's not sweet!

My plan was full liquids for 5 days, but we were traveling, so I was ordering the most liquid soups I could find.  Also, beef broth with some protein powder.  The liquid from black beans or pinto beans with unflavored protein powder.  I even had chili (which was basically the liquid from very thin chili) with protein powder. 

On my plan, you could have strained cream soups and add protein powder as well.  Just no tomato or potato.  That's why I basically pulverized my own overcooked veggies in a lot of liquid - if it passes through a strainer, it was OK on my plan.

Good luck!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

lillypie9
on 12/7/12 4:48 am
VSG on 11/02/12

When I was still on full liquids missed salad and raw vegetables like crazy so I drank a lot of Trader Joe's version of vegetable juice. Nice antidote to all the sweet.

Auveca
on 12/7/12 7:33 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
It didn't have too many carbs??

Sleeveless
on 12/7/12 4:56 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

My lifesaver has been the Healthwise tomato bouillon. I got them from my surgeon's office, but they should be available online.

It comes in a box of seven single serving packets, and is fairly clear. Check it out!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views