Well, that didn't work!

busymom39
on 12/9/12 1:31 am
I bought liquid vitamins because surgery is TOMORROW. I opened the container and couldn't get past the smell. How does anyone drink them? I took one shot and was nauseous all day. Chewables here I come!

Wish me luck tomorrow. I am scared, excited and emotionally overwhelmed. I know this is right for me but it's not my first surgery. I know the pain that I signed up for for but I also know that pain meds work well!
rissa1224
on 12/9/12 1:38 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

my vitamins are powder to mix with a small amount of water and they are fruity. So easy to take down. I order them from nutrametrix.com good luck!!!

stillalb
on 12/9/12 3:20 am

We like both the trader joe high potency chewable multi and have discovered that the other one that has the best amount of stuff (especially iron since I run to a little anemic since having kids) is Flinstone's chewables original . Crazy but true : ) I also have some gummy ones that I feed to hubby since no iron. AND we have gummi b vitamins and gummi d vitamins and chocolate chewies for Calcium. Whew - fortunately they are almost like candy : ) so sweet tooth enjoys them. I do track them though since there is a little sugar in them.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

busymom39
on 12/9/12 4:53 am
Wish we had a Trader Joes but no such luck. The closest one is 3 hours away. I just bought some funnies from Walmart and plan to order powder from my friend who sells shaklee stuff.
Nikki_9
on 12/9/12 8:34 am - Canada

My Nut. said to get the Centrum Silver Chewables. They are ok, not great, but unbearable. After surgery, all of my meds need to be in liquid form or crushable. Tylenol #3 liquid tastes like Robitussin cough syrup, and it works really well. I also got the liquid Cal./ Mag. blueberry and it tastes like blueberry candies. 

I understand your anxiety/fear. I felt the same way last week and found out after that I was over concerned about what might happen. The reality is that the surgeon only wants the best for you and the hospital staff will keep you as comfortable as possible. Now that I am 6 days out, I wish I had done this sooner. It took me 10 years to get up the courage and 4 days to be grateful for all of it. 

Life is not about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself.

Sarah N.
on 12/9/12 9:33 am
VSG on 11/07/12

I mix my liquid calcium in with my oatmeal.. Doesn't taste so bad at all after that.. lol.. but I like the chewables better.. and I use the Equate Flintstone vitamins with Iron bc they are cheap and have everything I'm supposed to have.. I got the B12 chewable Walmart brand..

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views