abdominal pain

Taelor S.
on 12/10/12 1:12 pm - IN
Hey guys I just had a question about some pain I've been experiencing today. Its on my right side mostly below my big incision. Its not bad when I'm laying down, but when I'm sitting or (especially when) I'm standing its pretty noticable. Its not constant either, it kinda comes and goes. Anyway, the best way Ican describe it is kind of like a tugging/burning sensation. Its not terrible but what has me concerned is that for the last week or so I've felt great and all of the sudden I'm sore again. I should also mention that on Wednesday ill be 3 weeks out from surgery. My husband went back to work last Monday so for the last week I've had to be much more incependant as far as bending and lifting goes. Is it possible that I've simply over done it. I have my follw up appointment thu and I plan on asking about this then, Ijust wondered if any of you had any advice in the meantime.

Thanks!

[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-leopard/cartoonstar01/lb/374/175/339/.png[/image][/link]

Rita M.
on 12/10/12 1:20 pm - Webster, MA

Yup, it does sound like you overdid it a bit. The muscles are still sore and total healing is about 6 weeks and you are 3 weeks out. Try to take it easy for a couple days and see if it improves/ Good luck.

Hugs,

Rita

mokee
on 12/10/12 6:45 pm - OH

My doctor says no lifting or exercising for 6 weeks.  Just walking.  Watch out you don't want to hurt yourself.

lowbmidoinit
on 1/17/13 12:35 am
VSG on 12/26/12
On December 10, 2012 at 9:12 PM Pacific Time, Taelor S. wrote:
Hey guys I just had a question about some pain I've been experiencing today. Its on my right side mostly below my big incision. Its not bad when I'm laying down, but when I'm sitting or (especially when) I'm standing its pretty noticable. Its not constant either, it kinda comes and goes. Anyway, the best way Ican describe it is kind of like a tugging/burning sensation. Its not terrible but what has me concerned is that for the last week or so I've felt great and all of the sudden I'm sore again. I should also mention that on Wednesday ill be 3 weeks out from surgery. My husband went back to work last Monday so for the last week I've had to be much more incependant as far as bending and lifting goes. Is it possible that I've simply over done it. I have my follw up appointment thu and I plan on asking about this then, Ijust wondered if any of you had any advice in the meantime.

Thanks!

Taelor I have the same pain, not near incision though, but identical to your description... surgery was 12/26, what did your Doc say... I have been communicatiing with the PA at my docs office and she said it could be due to dairy?  IDK what to think? Nothing seems to make it go away... ugh... wondering what the follow up was for you?  Please send a reply.  Thank you. 

emelar
on 1/17/13 12:47 am - TX

Sounds like you overdid it and pulled an internal stitch.  Take it easy!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views