Day 5-post op... AMAZING

Christine Heusinger
on 12/10/12 8:35 pm - GA

I had my surgery this past Thursday. Yesterday I reached my protein goal and was just a few ounces short on my water goal.

I have NOT had nausea. I have NOT had gas pains.

Last night (drum roll please...) I had a BM. Ta DA!  You have to understand something about me... I am 60 years old so BM's are very important!   I walked into the TV room where my husband was and announced "NASA... WE'VE HAD SPLASHDOWN".

I feel amazing!  

Before surgery I used to go to the fitness center at 5:30 a.m. (4x a week). Well, tomorrow I am GOING BACK! I will stick to the treadmill for a couple of weeks - but I can't wait to get there and see my 5:30 buddies!!  

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

MuttLover
on 12/10/12 9:19 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Usually, I want an energy transplant from 3-year-olds, but this morning I'm inspired by you. Well, actually, exhausted thinking of being anywhere except my bed at 5:30 AM!  (LOL- though I was up at 5:45 this AM!). 

Congrats on your success so far, and I look forward to being further energized by your progress!  I'm 55, and I don't know if I can keep up (well, I did have a BM while still in the hospital, but that's the best I can do as far as keeping up with you! LOL!).

Still, take it easy on the treadmill!  While I felt really good, I was a little foggy!  If your gym has a track, maybe do a couple of laps first on something that isn't moving, just to be sure! 

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

JAlston
on 12/10/12 9:21 pm
VSG on 12/07/12

Congrats! angry This is a huge deal, I am 4 days post op and had a mini BM this morning, it was a great feeling! You are lucky to not have gas pains, ugh! I am doing pretty good with liquid/protein goals considering yesterday was technically my first day home. Definitely have to stick to the sample menu schedule I am using or else I would never be on track. Keep up the great work!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

Christine Heusinger
on 12/11/12 12:52 am - GA

Thanks, Jessica! You keep up as well!

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Most Active