Sleeved 2 days ago...

Bekahre7
on 12/13/12 6:59 am
...and the gas is so painful. I'm stuck in the hospital for an extra night because I'm having trouble getting all of my liquids in. Grrrr. Also - for the record, heparin is the freakin' devil. Ugh. Other than that -- not at all hungry. But I haven't really had calories for 3 days now. Hope this translates to a decent loss once all of the gas and fluids exit my body!
busymom39
on 12/13/12 7:58 am
As soon as I got off all of the pain meds and the neasea (sp) meds I felt much better. Getting fluids in is a struggle because I just don't have any motivation to eat or drink. Sip up so you can get home. It really is much better.
JAlston
on 12/13/12 8:29 am
VSG on 12/07/12

Good luck to you! I had surgery on 12/7, each day does get better. Walking really does help with the gas although walking seemed to help move the gas around for me, not actually "out" until a day or so after I was home. Unjury's chicken soup protein has been a lifesaver for me, I am able to get my fluids and protein goals each day. I am still not hungry at all and have my first post op appt tomorrow with my PCP so I will weigh in then.

Take care of yourself, I hope you start feeling better soon!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

Bekahre7
on 12/13/12 8:49 am
Thanks so much! I hope so, too. I actually started to question my decision because I felt so bad. By this time next week, I'll be in a better place.
Saukratees
on 12/13/12 11:46 am - GA
VSG on 11/14/12

It gets better day by day!

Congrats!!!

Tia M.
on 12/13/12 2:27 pm - Killeen, TX

It does get better day by day. I want really thirsty or hungry the first few days after surgery either. I was tired as all get out though. The gas part is not fun. Once they took my drainage port thingy out, the gas started to move. THANK THE LORD! I was then able to lay on my left side which helped. (with the port in, i couldn't) Walking will help a bunch too, but I am sure you know that. They would not shut up about it to me... even as i was walking. :/

I don't know if this will help, but i would drink the broth first because it was warm while the water with the crystal light packet i would let sit and come to room temp. I had sensitivity to cold (like brain freeze for the stomach for the first 2 months). Thats how I worked in my fluids. I detested the jell-o... you basically had to turn it back into a liquid in your mouth before swallowing. It made me want to gag. I still cant look at jell-o the same. :/

Good luck to you.

Lovin_Losing
on 12/13/12 10:45 pm

Sorry you are having so much pain. I read on a previous post about a suggestion for gas relief....of course everyone says walk and gas x strips but another suggested laying with your bottom up in the air. She said it helped the gas rise and come out. Have not had surgery yet so have not tried but will keep it in mind. Give it a shot and with any luck you'll 'toot' it all away....

Most Active