Just need a minute

busymom39
on 12/16/12 12:30 am
I will be one week post ob tomorrow. So far, so good. I feel fatigued, but overall, I am good. No problems eating or drinking. My problem is I AM SO BORED! I can't do what I need to do because I can't lift. Things like laundry and vacuuming. I can't go anywhere because everyone around here is sick. It is too cold out to go for a walk. I feel trapped. I know this will pass but for this minute it is driving me crazy. Okay. Pity party over. In the scheme of things my troubles are trivial but I just needed to vent.
karismommy231
on 12/16/12 12:33 am
VSG on 11/05/12

Can you ask a non sick friend or extended family member drive you to the mall or grocery store or target/walmart to walk around? You do need to walk.

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

D. Scott
on 12/16/12 12:46 am
RNY with

I went back to work after 4 days because head hunger and boredom were truly making me feel awful depression. I would say even though you can not lift you could still do plenty of things. You should be able to drive now right? Go walk around some stores, get some shopping done if need be or just get exercise walking around the mall. Laundry isn't completely off limits so long as youre not lifting big baskets. Dusting, dishes, reorganizing cabinets. Heck you could get some major Winter cleaning done. Plus getting up will increase your energy. If you're really dragging try a sublingual B-12. I had a hard time when I went back to work mostly due to the lack of energy and the B-12 made a huge difference. Good Luck!!

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

bhern
on 12/16/12 2:44 am
DS on 01/21/14

I know when I came home from the hospital and the days ahead, I had so much energy. I didn't lift anything heavy or do anything too strenuous but I got a lot done around the house. Our laundry hamper has wheels so that made it easier. I also cleaned out the pantry and threw out all the tempting foods I couldn't have anymore. Of course its easier when you have help and they're not all sick.  Definitely try to get out and walk though. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

HW 407 * SW 359 * TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS-TO-DATE.... 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views