It takes time...

busymom39
on 12/29/12 1:19 am
I am nearly 3 weeks out and want to be thin today. The last 4 days I have lost only a half a pound. I was feeling frustrated and my husband kindly gave me some advice. "Honey, there is a reason why people put up 6 month pictures because it doesn't happen over night." Not sure what I am complaining about because I am down 25 pounds in 3.5 weeks. Before surgery that would never have happened no matter how hard I tried.
judyhill1968
on 12/29/12 1:49 am
VSG on 12/13/12

I'm about 2 1/2 weeks post op and I've reached that point.  In the beginning it was falling off every day.  The last 3-4 days it has gone back and forth up 2lbs down a lb.  Very frustrating trying to figure out what I'm doing to cause it, but i assume it's my body still adjusting.  I need to take the advice of some of the others on here.....STAY OFF THE SCALE FOR A WHILE! 

And like you said...6 months into it we will see a huge difference!  Keep up the good work...you're doing great!

Vi-Vi
on 12/29/12 2:13 am
VSG on 12/13/12

Hi Judy,

we both got sleeved on the same day!  I've been going  up & down the same couple of pounds also!  Very frustrating so I have put the scale away also!  I'm in the puréed stage right now how about you?  Any trouble with constipation?  I think it'll be the death of me!  Lol

HW: 352.6.  Opti wt: 331,   Surgery wt: 308. CW: 190.4

Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment!!   --Eggface

judyhill1968
on 12/29/12 2:19 am
VSG on 12/13/12

I start pureed next weekend.  I'm not too excited about it.  I'm content with my protein shakes.

Yes the constipation is horrible.  I wonder how you can be constipated when all you take in is liquid!!  OMG!  I thought in the beginning I was going to be lactose intolerant because every time I had a shake I was running to the bathroom.....that didn't last.  I'm wishing it had right now...LOL

Miss150
on 12/29/12 10:24 am
Hi. I!m about 2 1/2 weeks out and on soft foods with the shakes supplementing. I have discovered flax seed - ground. Found it in WAlMart, of all places. 1 Tbl in with the shake 2 times a day. It seems to help.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

mickeymantle
on 12/29/12 2:07 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

YOUR BODY IS JUST CATCHING up with it self , give it a week or so and you will start losing again, it takes time

its not lipo where they suck it out, you need tto work your plan and you will lose your weight

your doing great

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

ALIFETOLIVE
on 12/29/12 2:32 am
VSG on 12/12/12

My hubby moved the scale out of our bathroom. He noticed that I was weighing myself everyday. Which I know is not a good thing. But I just want to see the scale numbers drop. Anyway, he has not returned the scale to me. He said I should just relax, continue eating properly (according to my NUT) and everything will be fine. I have heard quite a bit about the 3 week stall. My NUT mentioned that in the first 3 weeks it's possible to gain a couple of pounds. I can honestly say, I have not idea, seeing that I don't have a scale...

My surgery was the day before you guys. I just started Stage 4 today. Not sure what I'm going to eat different. I would like to take it a little slower than my binder (NUT) is instructing me to. Also on the constipation.. I had it too. Soo bad. What I started doing is drinking Smooth Moves Tea every other day. Only about 4 ozs. But it sure does help.

busymom39
on 12/29/12 2:47 am
I need to move my scale too. I swore I wouldn't become obsessed with it, but clearly I am.
I think my issue is protein. I can't find a shake I like. I am on purees now so that is better.
As far as the bathroom: I am directly the opposite. Usually after a shake I am not safe to leave the house for a while. That should be interesting when I go back to work. I am a teacher so I can't just run to the ladies room. Middle schoolers can't be left alone, EVER!

Kitydon
on 12/30/12 7:23 am
VSG on 11/28/12

I went through a lot of shakes too.  I finally settled on BOOST w/high protein.  I didn't like the protein stage, I'm just coming off of it to soft foods.  That probably should not included Cheese Twisters, but it stays down really well!

abeautifulday21
on 12/29/12 6:04 am
VSG on 11/26/12
Try 1 teaspoon of mineral oil every night. It's a miracle and not a laxative. Someone on here recommended it so I am just passing the tip along.
abeautifulday21    
Most Active