I am an asshole

bigred_z
on 12/30/12 12:48 pm, edited 12/30/12 12:54 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

Not sure what it is.  I guess maybe I am just an asshole.  I see various posts.  Most ppl are just so NICE!!!  Not that it's a bad thing.  But in my mind...I must be a major *****cuz my reply's are so different.  I guess I have a "suck it up and deal with it"  kind of attitude.  And really, that's how I have lived my life.  Yes I am fat.  I got the band.  I did well.  It failed, I regained some weight.  I made the next step.  Hence, the sleeve. 

I do not make excuses.  I do not assign blame.  I'm fat b/c I like to eat.  Period.  I eat to excess b/c I fail to acknowledge boundries.  I don;t do well with boundries b/c I resent authority, and I like instant gratification..

Yes I am a nurse.  I am an ICU nurse.   Compassionate RN's are a nice idea. However...I am NOT the RN that will rub your back and tell you it's OK to keep on doing stupid **** that will eventually kill you. That's what you call your Mommy for.

I am the RN that will keep your ass alive when you have done all the damage your body can take and there are no other options. I will pound on your chest, shove a tube down your throat, and clean your puke, **** and **** when your family doesn';t want too. THAT'S what I DO.

And when it is all said and done...you live to judge others for another day.

I am learning different now.  But I still do not get the warm and fuzzies everyone else seems to feel naturally.  Maybe it's just ME.

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

texasrigdiver
on 12/30/12 1:06 pm, edited 12/30/12 1:16 pm - TX
DS on 11/29/12

Welcome to the club, the asshole club that is, it seems to be a pretty exclusive group. I have to delete about 75% of my replies on here because I just don't want to be known as a TOTAL asshole. I seriously believe in personal responsibility and common sense so I sometimes have a difficult time with what's on the boards.

On the other hand. the community here is outstanding. The level of medical knowledge surrounding the specific WLS is incomparable. A lot of the regulars on here from the most experienced vets to some of the regular FNG's, are genuinely caring and their depth of experience and willingness to jump in and help explain situations is selfless and shows their dedication to not only their own journey but paying it forward. Personally I have received some good advice here and the archives are great for searching but the posts aren't arranged by topic so your search does have to be specific.

Check out the main forum too.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

bigred_z
on 12/30/12 1:13 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

Tex...good to see your reply.  I have seen you on prior posts.  Good to know I am not the only "common sense" asshole here. Most folks here inspire me.  Some make me wanna barf  I read some of this stuff and just wanna shake them...like WTF is WRONG with you???  LOL! 

I see my problem.  I know it is MY fault.  I do something about it...looking to others is a good thing.  Looking to blame is quite another. 

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

slimpickins5280
on 12/30/12 1:17 pm - CO

People who say it like they see it are big meanies.

Damn them.

wink

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

bigred_z
on 12/30/12 1:29 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

It's all good slim pickens!!  I AM a big meanie.  I got big shoulders though..I can handle it.  What you will get though...is the truth.  Where some will blow sunshine, unicorns, and rainbows up your ass....well...I won;t.  Call me a big meanie if you will...I can handle it!!!  LOL

frisco
on 12/30/12 1:38 pm

Slimpickens is pretty good !!!

I've had to notch back the "*****" factor......

It's OK to be the A-hole..... just gotta be able to back it up.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

slimpickins5280
on 12/30/12 1:47 pm - CO

But, I love unicorns...

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

ruggie
on 12/30/12 4:10 pm - Sacramento, CA

Delightful.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

slimpickins5280
on 12/31/12 12:21 am - CO

His name is Javier Colin Firth Robert Downey Jr. But, I call him Lance.  

ruggie
on 12/31/12 1:32 am - Sacramento, CA

You are so my new best friend. 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active