Gained weight 4 years after surgery

carogrl
on 1/2/13 9:30 pm - Murrells Inlet, SC
Just don't ever forget all the basics you have been taught. Drink your fluids, protein shakes and protein first and foremost. Then veggies, small amt. of carbs, a little fruit and most of all.....KEEP MOVING! I lost all the weight I needed to and never exercised....I do not recommend this. I have major back problems from a car and a motorcycle accident years ago, plus tears in back from working out in the gym too hard. Mornings are horrible but I still need to be walking and this I can do in the afternoon. However you need to, whatever works best for you....just do some type of exercise at least 4-5 times a week. Take time for yourself...you time...time for you to be proud of your accomplishments and goals. If you feel yourself slipping backwards take time and think about what you have done for yourself and do not let anyone tell you that you don't need to follow the program anymore. OK....I am rambling on and on...if you wouldl like to keep in touch just email me: [email protected].
Pura Vida
on 1/2/13 4:56 am - Costa Rica

This also happened to me, but I fought back and am now at goal again! I am also 4 yrs out. Please click on my name and it will take you to my profile page where I wrote the whole thing out.

Best of Luck,

Heather

carogrl
on 1/2/13 9:36 pm - Murrells Inlet, SC
Heather thank you so much for your message. I needed to hear that someone actually has been where i am and corrected it. I have to know about the shakes....what kind and where do I get them? You are my hero....I can and will correct this and loose the gained weight! Thanks again!
ruggie
on 1/2/13 5:10 am - Sacramento, CA

Unfortunately, weight regain is pretty typical somewhere between 2-6 years out, for the average patient.  There's a lot of good advice in the VSG Maintenance group, as well as individuals that hit regain and overcame it.  

Good luck!  

I'm sure getting back to basics will help a lot - high protein, low carb diet, writing down what you eat, getting 2 or more liters of water a day, exercising, etc.  Is your diet different now than during your weight loss phase or early maintenance?  

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

carogrl
on 1/2/13 9:52 pm - Murrells Inlet, SC
Oh, definately my diet is far from what it was. I could tell you all the problems in my life but ultimately I just screwed up my eating and let it get totally out of control. I still have restriction when I am eating right. But as many know carbs go down sooo easy. I have always been an emotional eater and stress....well on a scale of 1-10, I have been at a level 15 for 3 years. On the other hand I cannot dwell on what has been and have got to look ahead at what can be. Thank you for replying and taking the time to give suggestions....I WILL get back there to the weight I loved.....38 lbs to loose.
Ms Shell
on 1/2/13 9:35 am - Hawthorne, CA

As you can see from my ticker I'm currently in FIGHT the REGAIN mode.  Been trying to figure it out for 2 years now (regained at 3 years).  It's a daily struggle, but going to back to basics and stop those bad habits is really the ONLY way.

1) toss ALL crap out your house (hopefully you can because even your family doesn't really need it...they need YOU healthy)

2) stock up the freezer and refrigerator with meats, vegetables and some fruits.

3) start moving...doesn't have to be a marathon but 30 minutes 3 times a week is MY goal.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

carogrl
on 1/2/13 9:58 pm - Murrells Inlet, SC
We can and will do this.....thanks so much for your suggestions. It really helps knowing I am not the only one who struggles. I am starting back today! Treadmill here I come, I would walk outside but it is raining today....also have found when I walk outside I get distracted and do not keep the pace up like I need to. I wish I could clean out the house but my husband does not support me....he loves his bread, pasta, potatoes and most of all sweets.....my downfall. So, I will have to do this on my own. I did it once, I can do it again!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views