Oh my!!!!

Teresa J.
on 1/6/13 11:26 pm - McKinney, TX
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Choking down my first protein shake of the new year! I am really trying to get it through my thick skull that I will not be successful if I don't get more protein. Let the experimenting begin! Must find one that does not make me gag!

Teresa

Daraja
on 1/6/13 11:37 pm - Stockton, CA
VSG on 02/25/13
Try mixing it with fruit or a few pumps of sugar free syrup that you sweeten drinks with. I haven't had my surgery yet, but I've been trying the samples the doctor gave me and I found one I love called Bariatric Support; Basic Essentials I love the vanilla and I mixed it with Unsweeten Soy Almond and a cup of frozen blueberries...Lawd just me thinking about it I wanna make another it was so good, even my 9 year old loved it. Wish you the best on your journey.
MuttLover
on 1/6/13 11:39 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Try just mixing it in with Fage yogurt (not as tart as other greek yogurts).  Then just eat it.   Or I put it in soup or coffee.  No law says it has to be a shake!  (Well, there might be, but I haven't been arrested yet! LOL!)

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Keith L.
on 1/7/13 12:21 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I have gone through a bunch of them. I was to the point where I couldn't take another blended shake and was using RTD (ready to drink) protein drinks. There a lots of good RTDs I like Muscle Milk Vanilla Latte, Ultimate Flurry is delicious, there a bunch at Vitamin Shoppe that are tasty and low carb. But I ran out this week and had to go back to mixing my own and I am back to being able to tolerate them again. You will go through cycles, so don't be afraid to go back and try ones that you did not like before.

This morning's was About Time Chocolate mixed with cold water. Didn't have a lot of flavor but it only has 4 ingredients so I may be getting some more of these.

If you have been using milk or almond milk to mix them, try mixing them with water instead, they aren't as thick and go down much easier. They do taste like chocolate water instead of chocolate milk, but you could also try mixing in some dry milk to add some protein and some thickness. Mixing with water is fewer calories though.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Miss150
on 1/7/13 4:26 am

I'm doing real well with Complete Nutrition V-Core.  No wierd taste at all.  Sometimes put a little PB2 in, or piece of bananna or a canned peach--  some ice and into the rocket.  I also mix with 12 oz of water/ice to make it thinner.  The change in texture is a real help.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Most Active