Fit Bit -- One vs. Zip? Preferences?

Antimony40
on 1/5/13 9:23 pm - VA
VSG on 12/06/12 with

I think I'm gonna break down and get a Fit Bit, but I am not sure which one is necessary.  I don't intend to track my sleep, but the only advantage I see of One over Zip is the autosyncing...

anyone have one and love compared to the other? Anything I'm missing??

HW 286.7--SW 264.4--CW 184.2  M1-24.8//M2-14.8//M3-7.6//M4-10.0//M5-3.8//M6-8.4//M7-6.4//M8- 4.8//M9 +1

melzbelz
on 1/5/13 10:33 pm - La Marque, TX

I have a Fitbit One and love it.  Another difference between the One and Zip is counting stairs.  The FitBit One counts stairs climbed and converts hills to stairs.  The Zip only counts steps.  If you don't want to counts stairs or monitor your sleep, the Zip will be fine.  Just be careful not to throw the FitBit into the wash.  It's very small and unobtrusive.  I keep mine clipped to my bra so I will see it when I undress.  

Jackie T.
on 1/5/13 11:06 pm - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I have a fitbit one and I love it.  Look at the construction of both and make sure that the Zip will not break easily.  I got mine for Christmas and two of my kids got them also.  We have competitions to see who gets the most steps each day.  My sone was definitely the winner yesterday as he had over 12,000 steps.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Sheryl G.
on 1/5/13 11:15 pm - IL
VSG on 09/17/12

I was just now googling about this too!! I saw that someone said the clip on the zip can break and since it is one part, it cannot be replaced. The One sits inside a separate clip, so the clip can be replaced if broken. I am a clutz by nature, so that and the fact that the One counts stairs, I think I am off to find the One at Best Buy!

Happy stepping!

If you change nothing, nothing will change.      

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/13 11:52 pm - Worcester, MA
VSG on 02/25/13

I had a newer fitbit until my dog chewed it. It fell on the floor and she got ahold of it. I liked it because it did auto synch. But, I just didn't understand how it could tell my sleep cycle. I used to have a body fit media which you wear on your arm, and it has sensors on it. I think that was way more accurate than the fitbit. Thou you had to pay a monthly service fee for their online site. Just be careful with the fitbit because since it is so small you forget its even on you and you might wa**** in the machine or something. Heard alot of horror stories with that. 

mdusha
on 1/5/13 11:59 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

I got my Fitbit Zip at Christmas. It does autosync, which is really helpful. Also, it sits inside a silicon sleeve, so if the clip DOES break (which I can't imagine, b/c mine is very sturdy), you can replace the sleeve. As I have bad knees, I'm not yet to the point I can climb a lot of stairs, so that feature wasn't important to me at this time. Also, I currently use a CPAP, so the whole monitor sleep thing wasn't so important to me either...especially since to do so with the ONE, you have to wear a bracelet of sorts to bed. 

I find wearing the Zip really motivating. Plus, it integrates with MFP very well, helping you really keep track of exercise vs. food intake. 

Love my Zip! :-)

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/13 12:08 am
VSG on 06/04/12

I have had my fit bit one for almost a year now.  I love it because its small and I wear it clipped to my bra.  I don't use the holder that came with it because its just easiest to slid onto my bra cup.  The motivation I feel using this is awesome.... there is nothing like seeing that flower grow as you exercise and I like how well it syncs up.  Only thing that I don't like is that it seems like it shows more calories burned than what actually is occurring - for example it may show 500 calories burned for exercise when the elliptical machine shows 350.  I only log the calories burned that are shown on the machine so on MFP I usually delete the calories burned that are recorded by the fit bit.  All in all, its a great device and it really does help to motivate me to get up and move more so I can hit my 10,000 steps per day.

Sheryl G.
on 1/6/13 12:18 am - IL
VSG on 09/17/12

To those of you wearing it in your bra - does it show through? Can you "see" it at all by others? I have been using an Omron which is a little bulky but you couldn't see it pre-WLS. Now that I've lost a significant amount of weight, it shows through. i love the idea of clipping to my bra, I just worry that others will see it.

If you change nothing, nothing will change.      

rainyone
on 1/6/13 12:37 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

I often tuck mine in the area between the breasts. Can't see it at all. Other times I clip it to the straps. It isn't an issue for me.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

colomama2G
on 1/6/13 12:40 am

They have wonderful customer service, I hear. If your clip breaks, and you lose the device, they will send you a new one free of charge if you call them...FYI. 

Most Active