constant hunger

kam0520
on 1/12/13 10:53 am - AL

How do you get to the "mindset" of not eating.  I am having such a hard time.  I want to snack constantly.  A lot is hormones, but a lot is lack of willpower.

www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Living4MyBabySon
on 1/12/13 11:05 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Do you take an acid reducer of any kind? I was feeling the same way you were until I had the doctor give me some protonix. ( I knew to ask for that because of all the wonderful people on this site) once I took that all the hunger went away. I only took it for 3 days after that no more hunger. Each day that goes by I feel less and less hungry and I think that helps with the mental.

hollykim
on 1/12/13 11:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Are you eating many or any carb y things? carbs will make you want to snack all the time...

kam0520
on 1/12/13 12:10 pm - AL

yes...all carb CRAP.  I just can't seem to get "on track'

www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
pedirn06
on 1/12/13 11:35 am
VSG on 01/26/12
I agree that acid and carbs may be causing the hunget- even head hunger. Are you tracking your carb intake?
pedirn06

Keith L.
on 1/12/13 12:25 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
I have posted a number of times on here that you have to get your head straight. What that means is you have to find the things that drive you to eat. Some times that is emotional, some times it is on oral fixation, and it can be addiction. No matter the reason, spending time exploring the why will help combat this in the future.

Something else is when you eat carbohydrate dense foods your body will want more because it is easy for your body to process them. Your body has to work much harder to process proteins that carbs or fat. So when you make it easy you don't burn fat.

Get back on track.

Read my blog post here that talks about VSG as a tool. http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/keithleslie/blog/2013/01/04/wls-is-a-tool---not-the-solution---its-all-up-to-you-/

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views