65 Weeks Out & Eating More

susanraywilliams
on 1/15/13 12:10 pm
I guess I am able to eat more now because my sleeve is no longer swollen. I've noticed over a period of time an increase in the amount of food I eat. I am still not eating the quanitity I was pre-op of course, but a far cry from the 1 1/2-2 oz of food immediately following post-op. I still have 30 lbs to go to my goal and my weight loss has slowed considerably because of this I'm sure. Just curious to know if this is a common experience this far out of surgery? Thanks!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

anninva
on 1/15/13 1:15 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

First of all, you are doing GREAT!!  You have lost 157 lbs!  And, yeah we can eat more, and loss slows down. But, man, look how far we've come!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

mary d
on 1/15/13 8:23 pm, edited 1/15/13 8:24 pm

deleted because posted under the wrong poster.

susanraywilliams
on 1/16/13 7:04 am
Thank you! I know it's alot to have lost and wouldn't want for nothing to go back. Congrats to you as well on your success!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/13 1:21 pm

Yup, I can eat way more. I'm about two months behind you - I was sleeved in December of 2011. I can now eat 3 oz of protein and veggies. Because I can eat more I still measure and weigh everything - even now in maintenance. It keeps me from over doing it. I still sometimes think I can eat more than I can!

susanraywilliams
on 1/16/13 7:06 am
I admit I have gotten lax about measuring lately. I know it's definitely still a tool I need to be using. Thanks for that reminder!

sleevegirl
on 1/15/13 8:13 pm - Austin, TX

Yup. If I really set my mind to it, I bet I could eat 4 oz of dense protein in 30 minutes or so. I'm 19 months out. The thing is that I don't eat it. I measure out my portion, eat that and I'm done. I don't wanna dilate anything and I really want to get the rest of this weight off. It's definitely harder the further out you get to lose the weight. It's a fight and you gotta put your gloves on, get the stance and come out swinging. I've lost a few rounds, but I'm winning the fight and I intend to KO this son of a gun :)

Heh... seriously. You gotta work it. Don't eat until you're full. Eat a set amount. I still aim for 800-1000 calories per day (try to stick to the 800 these days because I'm in a battle here).

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Lisa1023
on 1/15/13 10:56 pm
VSG on 03/05/13

Sleevegirl, your ticker looks like you're at goal or just ounces away... is that the case ? 

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

sleevegirl
on 1/15/13 11:06 pm - Austin, TX

I actually reached my original goal of 175. I revised to 165 (that means I would have lost 210, or two of Elina LOL) but I think I'm going to go for 150 and see what that looks like. My "goal weight" seems to be a moving target. I figure I'll know when I reach the weight I'm meant to be. I'm 5'6" so the upper limit of a "normal" BMI is 150.

I also always thought I was big framed, but apparently not as I'm finding that I'm actually kind of small - not teeny tiny, but not nearly as big as I thought.

I've not updated my ticker yet. I will once I get to 165 (hopefully in the next few weeks - I'm due for a 2 week pause - I lose for 2 weeks and then pause for 2 weeks *shrug*). We'll see what happens. Right now, this is all gravy. I threw 175 out because the doctor INSISTED I have a personal goal. I knew there was NO WAY I'd lose 200 pounds.

Ha! I think I'm surprising us all. Honestly, no one expected me to do this well. Doctor Ganta tells me that I'm one of the most successful patients he has and he's so happy that I'm still losing and doing well. Honestly? Getting mental health help has been the biggest difference I've seen. The surgery fixed my stomach, but not my head :)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Lisa1023
on 1/15/13 11:22 pm
VSG on 03/05/13

angry    exactly about it being all gravy.  I wish others didnt fixate so much on numbers and fixated more on overall health.  At 378, my hopes is to get as close to 200 as possible.  205 is not as pretty a number as 125, but I just think about how much good that would do my overall health.  I dont strive for perfection, just significant improvement.  Congratulations on getting healthy, and I do hope you get to 150.  How cool that would be!  :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views