Don't fill I'm strong enough

hope2013
on 1/24/13 2:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
8 days on this liquid diet & I'm extremely hungry. I just need to eat something. I have 7 more days to go & I'm getting antsy. To top it off... I only lost 2lbs!!! I feel so down
Anyone else felt this way or experience no lost?! Or wanted to QUIT?!
Jls8877
on 1/24/13 3:10 am
Almost everyone felt terrible on their liquid diet. It's a little bit of uncomfortable now for a big pay off later. If I did it, you too can do it.
This is a test to see if you can follow your plan. Trust in your plan. Stay strong! This is the hardest part mentally you will go thru. (Or it was for me).
Believe in yourself and work for your goal!
hope2013
on 1/24/13 3:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you...but did you lose any weight at all pre-op?!
smashlee
on 1/24/13 7:45 am
VSG on 12/17/12
I didn't lose that much. Maybe 5 lbs. But when the doc did surgery he said I "had a beautiful liver" and I did really well on the pre diet.
So don't feel bad. The pre diet isn't just to start te weight loss, it has other purposes too. Hang on and focus on the prize. You CAN do this!!
***Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

hope2013
on 1/24/13 3:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
I meant *feel I am strong enough...darn phones,lol.
Nancybefree
on 1/24/13 3:23 am
VSG on 11/21/12

You can do this!  You  need to do this!  The more weight you can lose, and the more you can shrink your liver and calm it down, the better off you will be on  your surgery day.  My surgeon's people said, frankly, the better I accomplished the above, the shorter the time I could expect to be on the operating table.  That was a MAJOR motivator for me.

Try to drink approved liquids -- whatever you plan allows -- and try, try, try to stick with it.  It's difficult, but find that fighter in yourself and turn her loose!! 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

hope2013
on 1/24/13 3:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you...it's been such a struggle you just made me tear up! I was doing great but I think the scale not moving isn't helping. Thank you for helping me regroup my feelings.
Carol O.
on 1/24/13 7:40 am - TN

I too am on the liquid diet.  It is a challenge, especially when you cook for your family and are not able to join them.  You just have to turn this into a mind set.  Don't obsess about your weight because when I do that I tend to gain weight.  Have you tried having your shakes mixed with water?  My doctor advised me to drink the shakes with water because it makes a big difference.  Also, have you been exercising 30 minutes a day? 

Remember this too shall pass!  When is your surgery date?  Mine is next Thursday 1-31-13.  Good luck and stay tough, it will be worth it in the long run.  Also, sugar free gum helps.

Carol

hope2013
on 1/24/13 8:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
My doctor has me on slimfast. I just had a moment at work today. I'm ok now. How awesome! My surgery is 1/31 also!!! I'm getting nervous & excited!!! Be sure to check in & ill do the same. Ill say a prayer for you....

Carol O.
on 1/24/13 9:00 am - TN

I will say a prayer as well for you.  Yes, let's keep in touch.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views