Hi all 4+ years out

kayebadoe
on 1/23/13 10:54 am
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I still use a protein powder in my coffee every morning. I eat Greek yogurt, and stick mostly to protein. I do though eat more now. Its a  little harder and I weigh myself often about 3 times a month. I have stayed close to the same weight for 2 years now. So nice to know when I get my next seasons clothes out they will fit. I drink more tea now than water.I forget to eat and have hypoglycemia. Apparently that is common in people that have weight loss surgery. I have found that the protein bars that I have used in weight loss, will stop the shakes and bring my sugar up quickly. If you have any questions for me let me know.

I don't have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I'm gone....Bob Dylan
hope2013
on 1/23/13 11:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
What is hypoglycemia?
themexcellentone
on 1/23/13 11:15 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Low blood sugar.

Jls8877
on 1/23/13 12:19 pm
First, congratulations on your success!
At 4 yrs out, do you still feel restriction? When you say you can eat more, what does maintanance look like for you as for calories, protein and carbs?

I'm 5 months out and am trying to prepare for my future. I get great ideas from the "vets" around here.
kayebadoe
on 1/24/13 2:04 am
VSG on 08/11/08 with

It depends on what I eat. something like peanut butter on a slice of bread (thin slice) most of the time I can't fini**** Dense protein like chicken maybe 3 oz or if I'm starving 4 but nothingmuch with it. Then theres popcorn its surprising how much of that you can eat. I don't count my protein and calories and carbs. Basically I spent the first 2 years eating lots of protein and little carbs, and I really don't care for potatoes, or bread or rice anymore. And I haven't pushed myself to eat it. Yes I still feel restriction and if I eat too quickly like when my sugar drops and I want it up quickly I get the hickups.

I don't have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I'm gone....Bob Dylan
slimpickins5280
on 1/23/13 12:26 pm - CO

Congrats on 4 years! That's wonderful!

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

sarapilar
on 1/23/13 12:37 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

I am SO eager to hear more from a 4+ year Vet!  You give me A LOT of hope!!!!!!!!!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Pamela B.
on 1/24/13 1:17 am - AR
VSG on 08/14/15

So how much weight have you lost befroe surgery and after ????? Im curious You are doing great keep up the great wrk

kayebadoe
on 1/24/13 1:59 am
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I lost just a few lbs before surgery. After I was at my goal by 6 months but kept on losing. I started at 247 and now maintain at 140

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 45 views