Sick and Juror #1

jenn227
on 2/12/13 8:16 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Hey everyone

So I had to go to jury duty today. My family makes fun of me because I've already served on 4 juries.  Well, it looks like I"m juror #1.  They still have 3 to pick tomorrow, so if I don't get excused then, I'm on another jury.  But it's supposed to be over by Thursday, so that's not so bad.

As I was sitting in the courtroom, I started to feel pretty yucky.  Sore throat, sinus pain, exhausted.  CANNOT get sick now!  I didn't get out of jury until 4:30, so I knew my dr's office was closed.  I went to the immediate care center at my dr's office & was seen right away.  Acute sinusitis, again, not too bad.  They gave me an antibiotic, cough medicine and nasal spray.  I was like, "I can't be sick I'm having surgery soon!"  Well, actually I'm hoping my date gets set for mid March, but I'm getting all of my evals & testing done so hopefully we can make that date!

So we'll see what other challenges come up tomorrow lol!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

melzbelz
on 2/12/13 10:58 am - La Marque, TX

Hi, Juror #1-

I had a sinus infection in early October 2012- a few weeks before my scheduled VSG on 11/1.  I got antibiotics early because I wanted to be real sure it wouldn't interfere with surgery.  On Halloween, I started my prep for surgery.  The anesthesiologist called around noon to do the preop clearance.  Even though I had been off antibiotics for a week and felt well, she was concerned because I still had post nasal drip.  Even though I assured her that I always have post nasal drip, she cancelled my surgery and I had to reschedule for 11/15, 2 weeks later.  I was absolutely devastated.  I don't do a bowel prep for fun! 

2 weeks later, I had surgery and it all went well.  I certainly did not mention post nasal drip to the anesthesiologist who did my clearance. 

My advice- if you have any sinus symptoms, talk to the anesthesiologist before you start your surgical prep!.  I complained loud and long about having my surgery cancelled 16 hrs ahead of surgery.  So the second time, anesthesia called me 2 days early!

Just sayin...

jenn227
on 2/13/13 1:05 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Oh no!!!  That is exactly what I was afraid of!  Thanks for the heads up...I will make sure to watch out for the DRIP!

They excused the entire jury today, thank goodness.  I'm back in work because they are getting spazzy about me being out now & then for all of the surgery stuff.

Thanks for the heads up!

Former Juror #1 :)

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

a_gritters
on 2/12/13 12:01 pm
VSG on 03/19/13

I'm all approved for my surgery, just waiting to get the date, (hopefully the week of March 18th).  I did all my pre op labs just over a week ago and get a call from the physician telling me I had a UTI of all things, guess it was good I had the tests done because I had nooooo clue.  I keep hoping nothing like that will creep up right before surgery and cause delays.

Good luck with Jury duty if you get it!

jenn227
on 2/13/13 1:06 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Oh no!  UTIs are sneaky little buggers!  Glad you were able to fight it early enough!  Good luck with your sugery too! 

They had us come back in today and wait for about an hour, then the judge came down & dismissed us all....yay!  Don't mind doing my civic duty, but I got ALOT going on right now!

Take care!

pineview01
on 2/12/13 12:37 pm, edited 2/14/13 1:09 am - Davison, MI

I got that just before surgery and was told as long as the lungs were clear and I didn't have a fever I was good to go.  He also said if I had nasal drip and it was clear I was ok too.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jenn227
on 2/13/13 1:07 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Oh, good, thanks for letting me know!  I was panicking last night!  I started my Z pack so hopefully I can kick this to the curb & quick!

Thanks!

Most Active