Pregnancy Restriction

Brandi D
on 2/16/13 9:41 am

I'm almost 5mos pregnant .... 3 years 7 mos out..... I posted a month ago about how good the restriction had gotten.... but that's sorta laxed....  I have good days and bad days.. But the pregnancy is progressing along.... I have put on 5lbs in this last month... and the baby is finally showing, hardcore.....

I go in Tuesday for the anatomy scan.... :)  Everything seems to be growing perfectly, but will update with a big pregnant ostrich picture... and the US...

But just wanted to update that the restriction is markedly different.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
sarapilar
on 2/16/13 9:50 am, edited 2/16/13 9:50 am
VSG on 02/21/13

Congrats on your pregnancy!  How many calories do they have you on?  I had to be on 2,000 calories and I was obese - 2009 and 2011 pregnancies.  I sort of want one more baby...but,...I don't think we will have another (sadly!).

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Brandi D
on 2/16/13 9:55 am

I don'****ch or count any longer.... After about a year of being the best VSG patient ever..... I rebelled against my old life.. and anything "controlled".... became a cocaine addict for a year... completely addiction transferred......

I make sure I keep my protein over 60g a day.... and I make sure to do the gym every other day..... I will go back to hardcore running and whatnot once the baby is out....

I had two losses before this one.. that each put weight on me, after sobriety....  I got down to 148 from 272....... Then each loss I gained 25lbs of depression weight....

I've found that curing the mental issues and addictions  results in a happier person moreso than just the food alone...

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
sarapilar
on 2/16/13 10:33 am
VSG on 02/21/13

I think I can relate.  I too had loses.  I am about to have surgery, and can totally see myself becoming addicted to something like Valiums or something, I have a very addictive personality, so I know I have to watch out about this...they call it changing deckcahirs on the Titanic, switching out one addiction for another.  I am getting involved in lots of therapy now, so I hope and pray that will stop my addictions from shifting. 

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

pineview01
on 2/16/13 9:56 am - Davison, MI

Congratulation!  Glad to hear all is going well!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Sleeveless
on 2/16/13 3:47 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Brandi, you've been thru a lot. I wish you the best for a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery.

Ms Shell
on 2/17/13 5:21 am - Hawthorne, CA

Yeah love you darlin =)

jennyfreddie
on 3/19/13 1:45 pm

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant. It's been hard for me to consistently get protein in even before pregnant, so that's what I'm most worried about. I will eventually meet with the nutritionist, but not for several weeks. Can anyone who has been pregnant share what a typical day looked like for you, foodwise? Was it tricky in the latter part of the pregnancy to eat enough? I remember feeling really full when I was pregnant with my son (before surgery) so it's hard to imagine how much more full I will feel now!

Jenny

Most Active